I provide a solution on the other thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...1#post10842959

Cheers,
    A.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Upgrading to Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Just seconding to some guys, but I've been successfully updated my Star3 10.04 netbook edition to Natty 11.04 (via upgrading to 10.10) so far. Though I've seen some mischievous behavior with some apps and also performance might be a bit slower, overall it looks good enough.
    One question is that is it ok that System Monitor says the OS is 11.04, not netbook edition or similar stuff?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Starting with 11.04, there is no more dedicated Netbook edition. Instead, there is code in Unity that detects your screen size and optimizes the environment for that. Thus, there is only one version of Ubuntu, and it's now called simply "Ubuntu".
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

I have the Wild Dog Performance wil-p7. I did an upgrade from 10.10 first and got a message saying I do not have the correct hardware to run Unity and that I have to use classic Ubuntu to log in with. So, I decided to do a clean install (wiped out everything) and I no longer got this message, but I am having a heck of a time getting my software to compile (VisIt and VTK). After installing all kinds of libraries to no avail, I decided to start over so I could record everything I did. So, again, I did a clean install of Ubuntu 11.04 and now I am again getting the message that I do not have the correct hardware to run Unity!

It is strange to me that I didn't get the message once, but am getting it again. And I am frustrated that I can't get my software to compile, even though it worked fine in 10.04 (Lucid Lynx). I'm thinking of going back to 10.04 because at least I know it worked. I have seen some references to the Nvidia driver being a problem (I have the GeForce GTX 470 graphics card.)

By the way, one of the errors I get when compiling VTK is:
    error: ‘vtkXMesaRenderWindow’ has not been declared

Jennifer

Beans

I just saw the web site that said I can activate the Nvidia driver (current), so I guess that problem is solved. I think what I must have done different last time is, after a clean install of Natty, I then used the Update Manager to apply all the updates. Then I did the System76 restore. This time, I did the restore before applying updates.

Not sure why I can't get VTK to compile, though. I will keep working on it.

Jennifer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I have a Darter Ultra 2. I have upgraded from Maverick to Natty and now, when the computer is idle, there is some flickering. I think there might be something wrong with the brightness controls. Any idea about what I can do?
    Thanks in advance,

Gamx

Beans

I'm having some trouble with my panp7 after upgrading to natty. I get the following error after I login (see screenshot below). And the right-side-track-pad scroll bar is no longer working.

Could the two be related? Is there anyway I can restore my original configuration? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The screenshot is too small, I can't make out what the error message is.

The trackpads now support two-finger scrolling, which will be enabled by default. If you want to change it back to edge scrolling, you can do so by changing the setting in the mouse preferences dialog.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Ok, this screen capture should be more visible. Sorry about that.

Ah, I did not know about the two finger scroll! I like that better!

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Try running this command from a Terminal:

Code:
    sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    This will remove your existing X11 configuration settings, causing a new one to be autogenerated the next time you boot. After running this, you may need to reconfigure your monitor settings.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123