Thread: 11.04 Netbook Install Error USB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

11.04 Netbook Install Error USB

I downloaded the 11.04 i386 torrent from ubuntu.org and downloaded the iso. I used the universal usb installer latest edition and it was successful in making the ubuntu flash drive for installation (at least it said so). However, when I boot from the USB I get the following screen. any help? the netbook is the Toshiba nb505 and it is plugged into a power source.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dual-boot: Ubuntu 10.10 32-bit / Windows 7 64-bit SONY VAIO FW Series VGN-FW590FVB Intel Core 2 Duo P8700(2.53GHz)16.4" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: 11.04 Netbook Install Error USB

I sort of solved the problem. I made a boot up disk in ubuntu 11.04 and it worked in the netbook.
    Dual-boot: Ubuntu 10.10 32-bit / Windows 7 64-bit SONY VAIO FW Series VGN-FW590FVB Intel Core 2 Duo P8700(2.53GHz)16.4" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

That is not a 'SORT OF' - that is a valid fix.

Well Done!

The Hedge

Look at all those flashing lights! I'll take one!

The Ubuntu Forums - our little Global Village

Beans

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I have this same machine and the same error message on the screen.

Original hard drive failed so I have just replaced it and want to install Ubuntu on the netbook. I used "unetbootin" to create a
    USB live/install drive but haven't been successful with it on the netbook. Cannot run live or install, it just hangs up after the blue menu screen where I can selct to "Try" or "Install".

I just installed on my WinVista machine from that same USB device and it is working fine, so I know that's not the problem.

If you can share how you got this working, in a bit more detail, I would appreciate it. This is my first attempt at using any kind of Linux OS and am hoping to keep it up!

-Kate

Beans

I managed to solve my problem by re-making the USB stick using the Startup Disk Creator in Ubuntu on another machine. That version launched the Live environment and allowed the install to proceed.