Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal Back Light Issue

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal Back Light Issue

What I ended up doing is, I used an external monitor to install 12.04, then I applied the backlight fixes described ealier in this thread.

And to prevent the problem of the system being unable to come out of suspend, I went to the power settings and adjusted them so the screen never turns off, I lock the screen manually when I'm going to be away.

Kind of an ususual amount of tweaking required before I can use the OS compared to earlier versions, but whatever.

And I'm not terribly thrilled with the overall dumbing down of the OS in these later versions. And ironically 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04 all require far more tweaking on my part, just to get an over-simplified OS that was evidently designed for children, to work.

But I'm trying my best to get used to it. And I feel it's still miles ahead of what Windows has to offer.

Beans

I'm having the same issue with my eMachines E725 (Acer made).
    Is there a real fix for this?

"When booting into Ubuntu 11.04(or 12.04) Natty Narwhal there is no back light to the laptop display. An image is produced and you can just make out the desktop and some of the brighter windows but there is no light behind the image to make it more visible.

This is NOT the contrast/brightness issue/bug and has nothing to do with the brightness settings or adjusting using the laptops function keys."

Beans

The best fix I know of is to download and install 10.04 LTS. You can do the workaround, but suspend and hibernate are still completely messed up, and you'll have to deal with that every 10 minutes the machine is idle when the screen goes black and then won't come back on.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678