Thread: 2.6.35-28-generic upgrade seems to obliterate sound support (Gazelle Professional)

Beans

2.6.35-28-generic upgrade seems to obliterate sound support (Gazelle Professional)

Gazelle Professional, less than a month old (woot :-) has been working quite nicely until after a recent reboot I lost sound.

After fiddling with it for a bit, and following these instructions, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/So...otingProcedure , I discovered that the culprit was the 2.6.35-28 kernel upgrade. Downgrading back to 2.6.35-22-generic restored audio.

I have attached full outputs from alsa-info.sh for both kernel versions.

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% what is meant in the Gazelle page by "Audio Output: THX TruStudio PRO", but whatever it is, the delta between -22 and -28 seems to not sit well with it (or some combination of it and various ALSA utilities).

Also, looking at these outputs, it seems to be picking up two sound chipsets... could it be that somewhere along the line it's getting confused and using the wrong one?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: 2.6.35-28-generic upgrade seems to obliterate sound support (Gazelle Professional

The two audio chipsets are the internal audio and the HDMI Audio. Make sure your Ubuntu sound configuration is set to "Internal Audio Analog Stereo", and not the other device.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!