Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vertigo - a hardcore arcade game

Beans

Re: Vertigo - a hardcore arcade game

Can't wait for the arch package Just saw the game on freegamer.blogspot and immediately searchead for it in the AUR, but unfortunately I have to wait a little bit longer
    Greetings,
    capsad

Beans

Re: Vertigo - a hardcore arcade game

Hi guys,

I'm sad to announce that the game won't make the official repositories anytime soon. Turns out it needs almost a 50% rewrite for it to be compatible and right now I don't have the time. However, I have 2 ideas that *should* work for Arch users:

1. I can supply you with a statically linked version of the game, then there's a good chance it runs without modifying anything, but in case that still doesn't work..
    2. I'll guide you through building it from source: the only "proprietary" library being used is the ParticleUniverse one and I already supply that in the main .tar.gz package, so you can use it in linking.

Building from source shouldn't be much trouble but it certainly isn't my recommendation, I really tried to provide alternative, smoother deployment methods but since I'm a noob and didn't know what it takes to get the package into the official repositories, there's little I can do now.

Please let me know which method you prefer. I will create the static package right now and update this post once it's uploaded.

Cheers,
    amireh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12