Re: Imgburn No Devices Detected

it's a royal pain and the solution is not so simple
    Code:
    winecfg # crack this open
    go to the drives tab and add the following new drives
    /media
    /media/cdrom1
    /media/cdrom2

for each of those drives make them set as CD-ROM and not autodetected with the advanced options.
    You may also need to set wine to run as windows nt4.0 or nt3.5. Do that and it'll probably work.

Beans

to expand on what others have said it may well be prudent to actually create a wine prefix for this. Reason for this is that i (& maybe others) have multiple games & apps installed & those which require anything different from the default wine setup i use a prefix so it will not affect other app's stability

here is what i did for Imgburn & dvd decrypter:

1) make the prefix directory
    $ mkdir /home/<username>/.local/share/wineprefixes/dvd

2) make the wine prefix itself:
    $ env WINEPREFIX="/home/<username>/.local/share/wineprefixes/dvd" wineboot -u

3) set the version to windows NT3.5 & add the dvd drive
    $ env WINEPREFIX="/home/<username>/.local/share/wineprefixes/dvd" winecfg
    A) in the gui goto applications tab & change version to NT 3.5
    B) in the gui click on Drives Tab & add the dvd drive as per d3v1150m471c instruction in post above this

4) install ImgBurn (repeat for dvd decrypter &/or daemon tools)
    $ env WINEPREFIX="/home/<username>/.local/share/wineprefixes/dvd" wine /path/to/setup/installer/exe/or/msi

now you should be able to run these without affecting other app's in wine also use the basis of this to create prefixes (bottles) of wine for each app that needs specific setting in wine to run, this can also help with some copy protection solution which look for a harddisk volume name for the c drive.

One more point worthy of mentioning is that if you have winetricks installed you should be able to now use that to select this prefix & adjust settings further
    If everything in life was easy, we would learn nothing!!
    AMD Athlon64 X2(4200)/6Gb/Nvidia 9400GT-1Gb/1.25Tb Arch Linux - Xfce

Beans

I have found others facing the same, if you want then you can try the solution that has been mentioned here and see if it is helping.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by tomski View Post
    to expand on what others have said it may well be prudent to actually create a wine prefix for this. Reason for this is that i (& maybe others) have multiple games & apps installed & those which require anything different from the default wine setup i use a prefix so it will not affect other app's stability

here is what i did for Imgburn & dvd decrypter:

1) make the prefix directory
    $ mkdir /home/<username>/.local/share/wineprefixes/dvd

2) make the wine prefix itself:
    $ env WINEPREFIX="/home/<username>/.local/share/wineprefixes/dvd" wineboot -u

3) set the version to windows NT3.5 & add the dvd drive
    $ env WINEPREFIX="/home/<username>/.local/share/wineprefixes/dvd" winecfg
    A) in the gui goto applications tab & change version to NT 3.5
    B) in the gui click on Drives Tab & add the dvd drive as per d3v1150m471c instruction in post above this

4) install ImgBurn (repeat for dvd decrypter &/or daemon tools)
    $ env WINEPREFIX="/home/<username>/.local/share/wineprefixes/dvd" wine /path/to/setup/installer/exe/or/msi

now you should be able to run these without affecting other app's in wine also use the basis of this to create prefixes (bottles) of wine for each app that needs specific setting in wine to run, this can also help with some copy protection solution which look for a harddisk volume name for the c drive.

One more point worthy of mentioning is that if you have winetricks installed you should be able to now use that to select this prefix & adjust settings further
    An alternative method would be to use PlayOnLinux. It is a wine bottle management. You can also use different versions of wine between applications.

But what I want to ask is, has anyone tried the solution I posted awhile back? It was pretty painless and just a few clicks. I'm wondering if it resolved others' issues as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12