Thread: Ubuntu doesn't recognize Motorola Atrix 4G

Beans

Ubuntu doesn't recognize Motorola Atrix 4G

I am new to Linux. Been messing around with it for about 2 years. I recently decided to abandon Windows completely. only way to to learn is to jump in right . Anyway just got the new Motorola Atrix 4G today and this is my first Droid phone. I cannot get the phone mounted when I plug it in via USB. Absolutely nothing happens. I am running Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. All the searching I do all I find is how to install Ubuntu on the phone. i just want to be able to mount it so I can put my mp3s on the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Ubuntu doesn't recognize Motorola Atrix 4G

mine didnt work either for a while

i had a debugger that would pop up a few time. when i clicked on that it works fine i plug it in and at the top of the screen it has a usb icon and it works just fine
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/

Beans

Re: Ubuntu doesn't recognize Motorola Atrix 4G

Quote Originally Posted by kmrs75 View Post
    mine didnt work either for a while

i had a debugger that would pop up a few time. when i clicked on that it works fine i plug it in and at the top of the screen it has a usb icon and it works just fine

What you have to do is plug it into your machine, then look for the USB connection notification in the top status bar on your phone. Pull that down, then tap it. Tell it you want to connect USB Mass Storage. Then you're done and can xfer files just like normal. You don't want to use the Motoblur portal or whatever it is, I think that's PC/Win only.