Thread: Will Ubuntu run on HP Dm4?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Will Ubuntu run on HP Dm4?

Hi, I have been debating on buying the Dm4 series Hp Laptop, I would really like to run Ubuntu on it as a full install but I have heard different problems people have and would like to know if Ubuntu 11.04 or 10.04 would run on it? If not what would be a good alternitive to this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Will Ubuntu run on HP Dm4?

Unless someone else here has actually tried Ubuntu on this laptop, the only way you will know is to boot it using an Ubuntu LiveCD (or the USB equivalent).

There is so much variance in laptop hardware, and the drivers needed for the same, that only a live test will tell you for sure.
    Ubuntu 19.10 Mate, Mint 19.2 Mate; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Smile Re: Will Ubuntu run on HP Dm4?

I had an older Hp laptop zv6031us that I tried it on and the only problem I had was finding sound and wifi drivers.

After I tried the live cd I used the WUBI installer which
    allows you to install Ubuntu on the same partition as Windows which gives you some time to play around with it before wiping out Windows or dual booting. The live cd can give you a good idea of how Ubuntu will play nice with your hardware but is limited to a point of actually trying it out which is why WUBI is a good next step.

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ub...dows-installer