Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to sync music iPhone 4 and ipod touch 4g (ios 4.2.1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: How to sync music iPhone 4 and ipod touch 4g (ios 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by jdorenbush View Post
    I think I'm experiencing the same problem as digitalramble. In the past, I could add music to my iPhone via Banshee, but now after I add music to my device through Banshee it disappears after I open up the iPod app on my iPhone.

I assume that the latest Apple OS update is at fault for this problem, as I only started experiencing this issue after I updated my iPhone.

System/Device Details
    - iPhone 3GS - Version 5.0.1
    - Ubuntu 11.04 64bit
    - Banshee 2.3.2
    Same problem
    Thank you,
    GG -----------
    GUI we don't need no stinking GUI: A collection of Bash scripts
    Mutt (email), cmus (music),Google Calendar and Google Tasks cli

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have an iPhone 4S and Ubuntu 11.10 (using Unity). I found this response to be helpful for deleting the "hidden" files.
    There may or may not be a couple of ways of doing this.
    First off you could use nautilus to navigate your iphone into the /iTunes_Control/Music/ folder. There you should find folders named Fxx. When inspecting these folders you should try to find files named lipgodxxxxxx as opposed to the iTunes synched files which should be named with 4 capital letters.
    The lipgodxxxxxx files are the ones uploaded onto the phone via banshee.
    Once you're at this step and you've asserted that this is indeed the case you can either browse all folders and remove them manually or use the following command:
    find ~/.gvfs/XXXXX/iTunes_Control/Music -name "libgpod*" -exec rm -f {} \; Where XXXXX is the device's name (as it shows in the nautilus sidebar)
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/90039...-memories-gone

I did not use the find command, as each folder (FXXX) had the "lipgodxxx" file in it. I think my Banshee tried to delete and sync so many times, I ended up with 13GB of data I couldn't use or see until I followed these instructions. At least I've been able to delete without visiting the Apple Store.

I still can't figure out how to sync properly using Ubuntu (Rythmbox keeps crashing or Banshee). I'll resync at work where I use a PC with Windows 7 and the latest iTunes.
    14.04 | P4G8X Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz | 1G RAM DIMM DRAM | NV11DDR [GeForce2 MX200] | NetXtreme BCM5702X Gigabit Ethernet | SiI 3112 [SATALink/SATARaid] Serial | 82801DB (ICH4) IDE Controller | 203GB Maxtor 6L200P0 | DVD+-RAM 525G v1

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sudsiv View Post
    1. Jailbreak and download ifile
    2. Go to system/library/lockdown/checkpoint.xml
    3. Edit the file so that the value dbversion is 4
    4. Go to var/mobile/media an delete the itunes control folder
    5. Reboot the device
    6. Connect to itunes(you need a windows comp or mac) and add
    a song to initialize your device
    As far as I know this was the only way to sync the iphone 4 using ubuntu. Anyone tried that with iOS 5? Is it still working with this modifications? I'm still using iOS 4.1, want to update, but dont want to lose the sync with ubuntu....

Beans

I installed ezmp3 from the app store (free or €1.79 pro version without ads). I then connected my iPhone 4s (IOS 6.0.1) to my linux box (Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit) via USB and when the list of files on the iPhone opened in Nautilus I doubled clicked on the exmp3 icon to open that apps Documents folder. I then dragged folders containing mp3 files from ~/Music/ into the open ezmp3/Documents folder. The app will then play them using 'folder play'. Ensure your music folders are only nested 1 deep so the path to any mp3 is ezmp3/Documents/folder_name/ tune_name.mp3.. Nautilus doesn't refresh the iPhone window automatically, so you need to do this is you wish to follow your progress. I know it is a drag n drop rather than a sync, but it worked fine for me.

Beans

pholorian i bought the ezmp3 app and i can succesfully drag the mp3's to the document folder and play them. But i can't use the iPod libarary in the app, does it only work with music you have synced with Itunes? I hope not.. Hope you can help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12