Quote Originally Posted by mstratman View Post
I spent a little time trying to debug it, to no avail though. I'll have to sit down and really figure out how these various drag routines are supposed to work (so far, all I've figured out is trigger_drag_ready() only gets called when i double tap).
That's expected and is used by the tap-and-drag functionality. It doesn't have anything to do with click and drag.

Quote Originally Posted by mstratman View Post
Could the fact that I'm only implementing the bare-bones MT protocol be the issue?
i.e. I'm only reporting ABS_MT_POSITION_[X|Y] and ABS_MT_PRESSURE. No widths, or any of the other options.
I'm wondering if that might be preventing the Xorg driver from properly detecting a thumb click, or any other checks it might be doing.
Without widths, etc, thumb and palm detection shouldn't even be operable. While I'd like to say that not implementing those features should have no effect, I don't have a pressure based multitouch device to test against. It may be that the default values, and even some of the logic, needs to be adjusted for such devices. Hit me up with a PM and we can talk further. I'd like to get this resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by scoddy View Post
Tapping is much better than with multitouch, thanks for all the efforts!
You're welcome!

As mentioned by Helios747 I can confirm that (snip) does not work for me either.
Glad you were able to confirm this. I'm going to take a more indepth look at the code tonight and see if I can't figure out what's causing it. Hopefully I'll have progress to report in an hour or a few.

Another thing came up with the bcm5794 I'm using:

Code:
Xorg.log
(EE) mtrack: cannot configure device
(EE) Couldn't init device "bcm5974"
It seems that the xorg.conf.d evdev-hooks try to initialize the device twice, as touchpad and mouse - however it's working though.
Happens for me as well. Some adjustment to the xorg.conf config would prevent this, but it works just fine either way.

A little odd is the touch behavior, which seems to be correct with the multitouch driver, but not in mtrack: I'm scrolling with my right hand pointer finger, leave it on the touchpad whilst the mouse pointer is over the button I wanna click (e.g. firefox). Now clicking with the left hand pointing finger results in a two finger tap (right click). Any way to get rid of this behavior or is it related to the TapButton Option?
Based on how I read this, this is what you're doing:

1) You successfully execute two finger scrolling.
2) You lift one finger from the trackpad, leaving exactly one finger touching.
3) With a single finger you click the physical button on the trackpad.
4) This causes a right click.

If I am correct and did not misread, then yes, it's working as I built it. That doesn't mean it should work that way, though. I definitely see your point, and agree with it, so I'll call it a bug. It is likely I will fix this by only counting fingers which have touched down inside a certain timeframe. So scrolling or moving fingers won't cause this.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzboy View Post
Any work towards this working for Lucid?
I don't have a package for Lucid, but that doesn't mean it won't work. Try compiling it yourself if your're up for it.

I don't have a build environment set up for Lucid yet, it's on my "to do" list.