Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: xf86-input-mtrack: The Other Multitouch Trackpad Driver

Beans

Re: xf86-input-mtrack: The Other Multitouch Trackpad Driver

Hello,
    I have a noob question (only been using linux for about a month). I just installed Lubuntu 11.10 on my macbook air 4,1. After doing this, I used the post-install-oneiric.sh script to get drivers and configure things. This script installed mtrack. When I restarted and logged back in, I no longer need to use 'nomodeset' in the boot loader. However, my trackpad is completely disabled now...I can't move the curser at all.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it? I will have to complete any fixes at the command line as that is the only thing I can access right now (no mouse!). I did check the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf (as described in a previous post) and found to to be identical to what was recommended to turn on mtrack.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nick

Beans

I'm kind of new to linux and I'm running into some walls here. I finally figured out I needed to run autoreconf -i and that went through perfectly. Now however when I try to run ./configure it says no package xorg-server found. I'm running fedora 16 and have the latest version of xorg-x11-server-Xorg through yum. It is however 1.11 and it is not explicitly stated that it is supported. Can someone help me out? Do I need to run a lower version of xorg-server or am I just retarded and don't know what I'm doing? Either way a simple straightforward answer would be appreciated.

*Edit: Nevermind I figure it out almost 3 minutes after posting. I needed xorg-x11-server-devel.
    Last edited by WarBearFace; March 16th, 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Beans

@BlueDragonX, is the Coast branch ready for testing yet? I have tried it out with the following parameters:

Code:
    Option "ScrollCoastEnable" "1"
    Option "ScrollCoastEnableSpeed" "50"
    Option "ScrollCoastDecelerate" "20"
    But behaviour seems erratic, i do notice a bit of coasting but it is jumpy and unpredictable. I'm using a MacBook Air 4,2 / Chromium with smooth scrolling enabled for testing.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NickSH View Post
    ...However, my trackpad is completely disabled now...I can't move the curser at all.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it?
    I'm having this exact issue too! No response from the touchpad.

Even tried rerunning post-install-oneiric.sh selecting the second option ("2. synaptics + touchegg") but no luck...

Beans

Sry, dfacto, for editing your script, I deleted the link.

@hypest

Check if the driver installed correctly, coz I had the same problem and it didn't. BTW, using Firefox is also possible without mouse.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by cubuspl42 View Post
    Sry, dfacto, for editing your script, I deleted the link.

@hypest

Check if the driver installed correctly, coz I had the same problem and it didn't. BTW, using Firefox is also possible without mouse.
    Editing == good.

Incorrectly editing then forking old version == bad.

Beans

Question 1:

Anyone else having a problem with the the mtrack driver on precise and not being able to reveal a hidden launcher?

I can hit the Super key to show it, but if I scroll to the left and push, nothing happens.

I've tried messing with the sensitivity, etc to no avail.

any thoughts?

Question 2:

Is there any hope of a GUI to configure this a bit more? Even using the built-in trackpad gui would be a good start.

This driver is great, thanks for all the work by everyone invovled!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by litemotiv View Post
    @BlueDragonX, is the Coast branch ready for testing yet?
    No, it is not. The only stable branch is master. The dev branch is the working unstable branch. Nothing else is guaranteed to work.
    Gentoo Developer Extraordinaire

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hypest View Post
    I'm having this exact issue too! No response from the touchpad.

Even tried rerunning post-install-oneiric.sh selecting the second option ("2. synaptics + touchegg") but no luck...
    Very same issue here (MB Air 11", late 2011)...

Beans

EDIT: Nevermind. It seems that evdev was grabbing the device. Commented out the relevant sections in 10-evdev.conf and put my mtrack configuration in 09-mtrack.conf

Hello.
    My mtrack configuration doesn't seem to affect my apple trackpad at all.
    I can even disable the trackpad completely in the configuration and it still works, proving the configuration didn't do anything.

The Xorg.0.log file shows that mtrack loads without errors. I also have evdev and synaptics installed. They both generated configuration files in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d. Maybe one of them is overriding the mtrack settings?
    Last edited by Splooshie123; April 18th, 2012 at 07:21 AM.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast