Thread: New member from Richmond area.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

New member from Richmond area.

Hey all,

My name's Ryan. I live in the Richmond/Chesterfield area. I've been using Ubuntu for almost 6 months now, and I absolutely love it. I'm new to the LoCo teams thing, and I'm curious about how it works. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself.

Ryan
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: New member from Richmond area.

Hi, and welcome neighbor! I'm in Hampton Roads so not that far

Glad to hear that you're loving Ubuntu so far. Have you checked out Natty yet?

These teams are a lot of what you make of them. We're all fans and love to spread the word. Some do in-person meetups in their areas so this helps us connect better to see what's going on.

If you're looking for an event, there might be some in NC or DC on:
    http://loco.ubuntu.com/

I'm still thinking about a release party for Natty in Newport News but the schedule so far isn't complying. If I do get some time, I'll definitely announce it here, on the mailing list, and various local linux user groups

Again! Welcome! If you want to hang out with us in chat (IRC), feel free: #ubuntu-us-va on irc.freenode.net (and if you need help, here it is: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat )

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: New member from Richmond area.

havent checked out natty yet (not really the beta tester type), but i am eagerly awaiting its release, and using it with GNOME 3. id love to go to any events, but transportation is an issue (no car of my own). thanks for the warm welcome!
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire