Thread: System76 and 11.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

System76 and 11.04

Hello!

I upgraded both my Gazelle and Starling to 11.04 (64-bit) the other day - is there any way I can be involved in beta testing the 11.04 system76-driver?

The Starling seems to work pretty reliably, but I have a lot of crashing issues with the Gazelle.

I want that nice driver back!
    Registered Linux User #455695

Michigan Ubuntu LoCo Member

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: System76 and 11.04

The driver typically isn't used to fix stability issues. The crashes you're getting are likely due to the fact that throughout Beta, there are lots of bugs that need fixing, and you're probably hitting some of those.

All of our development on the Driver is done internally. At this point the only thing that changes from version to version, and the platform that applies these changes are quite stable. That said, if you notice anything wrong in Natty on either system, do let us know. That we, if we can replicate it on our systems in the shop, we can get a fix out in the driver.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: System76 and 11.04

I have an issue where I'll walk away for a while, the screensaver will engage, and I then come back to a laptop in a hard lockup.

I have a hunch that whatever graphics driver Natty has tried to give me may be the culprit, which is why I was in quest of the system76-driver.
    Registered Linux User #455695

Michigan Ubuntu LoCo Member