Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft Installer

Beans

Re: Minecraft Installer

Thank you so much!!! That was driving me crazy!

Beans

Details: Failed to execute child process "java" (No such file or directory)

this is what happens when i try to open minecraft..how can i fix it

Beans

it opens now BUT i get a black screen after i sign in

nevermind i fixed it! thank you!
    Last edited by cindy1990; July 24th, 2012 at 05:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Minecraft on Ubuntu 12.04

On Ubuntu 12.04 you have to update the Lightweight Java Game Library or you will get a black screen.

Sorry http://modifyubuntu.com/#minecraft is out of date due to lwjgl-2.8.4. Sorry again but this is a bit long.

To open a terminal press ctrl+alt+t all at the same time. Then cut and paste the following commands into the terminal window one line at a time minus the $.

#make sure you have Openjdk-7 and all the Openjdk-7 extensions.

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get upgrade

$ sudo apt-get install ca-certificates-java icedtea-7-jre-cacao icedtea-7-jre-jamvm java-common libatk-wrapper-java libatk-wrapper-java-jni libbonobo2-0 libbonobo2-common libgnome2-0 libgnomevfs2-0 libgnomevfs2-common openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-jre-headless openjdk-7-jre-lib ttf-dejavu-extra tzdata-java

Download minecraft.jar from here.
    http://www.minecraft.net/download

Download the Lightweight Java Game Library or lwjgl from here
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/java...d?source=files

If you haven’t yet run Minecraft and log in, it will automatically create the folder .minecraft in your home folder. Note. You will get a black screen. Here's how.

------------------------------------------------

$ cd ~/Downloads

$ sudo chmod a+x minecraft.jar

$ java -Xmx256M -Xms256M -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame
    -------------------------------------------------
    Close Minecraft

In Ubuntu 12.04 you have to update lwjgl by hand due to Java 7 or Openjdk-7. You can go here or read down and use the command line.

Lightweight Java Game Library download

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tu...s/Update_LWJGL

The command line.

Then open a terminal ctrl+alt+t cut and paste the following commands into the terminal window one line at a time minus the $.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #update LWJGL
    # Note. lwjgl-2.8.4.zip will change over time as updates become available. so you will have to change the names as needed.
    # 4-29-2012 the Minecraft version is 1.2.5. When version 1.2.6 comes out its likely you will have to update lwjgl by hand again. Word is, when Minecraft hits version 2.0 they will switch to Java 7 and you will not need to update lwjgl by hand any more.

# update lwjgl by replacing these 9 files

$ cd ~/Downloads

$ unzip lwjgl-2.8.4.zip

# type A for all

$ sudo cp -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl-2.8.4/jar/jinput.jar ~/.minecraft/bin/jinput.jar
    $ sudo cp -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl-2.8.4/jar/lwjgl_util.jar ~/.minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar
    $ sudo cp -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl-2.8.4/jar/lwjgl.jar ~/.minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar

$ sudo cp -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl-2.8.4/native/linux/libjinput-linux.so ~/.minecraft/bin/natives/libjinput-linux.so
    $ sudo cp -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl-2.8.4/native/linux/libjinput-linux64.so ~/.minecraft/bin/natives/libjinput-linux64.so
    $ sudo cp -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl-2.8.4/native/linux/liblwjgl.so ~/.minecraft/bin/natives/liblwjgl.so
    $ sudo cp -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl-2.8.4/native/linux/liblwjgl64.so ~/.minecraft/bin/natives/liblwjgl64.so
    $ sudo cp -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl-2.8.4/native/linux/libopenal.so ~/.minecraft/bin/natives/libopenal.so
    $ sudo cp -f ~/Downloads/lwjgl-2.8.4/native/linux/libopenal64.so ~/.minecraft/bin/natives/libopenal64.so

# close the terminal.
    # Open a new terminal ctrl+alt+t

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #make sure everything has permission for you to run it.

$ sudo chmod -R 777 .minecraft

$ cd ~/Downloads

$ sudo chmod a+x minecraft.jar

$ java -Xmx256M -Xms256M -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

Note. if you have 2GB or more ram on your mother board you may get better performance by alocating more ram to Minecraft. $ java -Xmx1048M -Xms512M -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

After this you can goto your Downloads folder right click on minecraft.jar, scroll down to properties. Use the slider named Open with and select OpenJDK Jave 7 Runtime. Click OK.

Now you can start Minecraft by double clicking the minecraft.jar icon, you can pick it up with your mouse and move it to your desktop if you like.

If you still have problems, sometimes Ubuntu’s 3D desktop effects has issues with Minecraft. You could try logging out of your Desktop, select Unity 2D then log back in.

Beans

May want to review the java install using this:
    http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/insta...buntu-via.html

Beans

Hey i am having trouble logging in.. I watched the video and everything, it downloads fine and i get the icon but once you click the icon and the minecraft screen pops up and it asks for your account info it says login failed idk whats wrong.. i have uninstalled then re installed and still getting login failed.. any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by howard09 View Post
    Hey i am having trouble logging in.. I watched the video and everything, it downloads fine and i get the icon but once you click the icon and the minecraft screen pops up and it asks for your account info it says login failed idk whats wrong.. i have uninstalled then re installed and still getting login failed.. any ideas?
    It might be Mojang's (creators of Minecraft) servers having issues. According to http://isminecraftdown.net/, minecraft.net seems to be up. What about now?

Beans

Hey I love your installer but I've noticed that A. this installer really screws up XFCE installs. B. it only can install OpenJDK
    I took a little time and reworked the script so that it works with XFCE as well as any other flavor of Ubuntu by removing the launcher option. You can still launch Minecraft with minecraft from your console. I also added the ability to install Sun-Java which I find works better with Minecraft. That feature is still a little rough around the edges. Uninstalls and the debugging feature are still fully functional.

Here's a download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26498135/installer.sh

Beans

Exclamation Re: Minecraft Installer

I've been working on an updated, fully re-written installer. I'll post here when it's ready

(FYI, I separated the server installer from the client installer; they will be separate scripts )

Beans

I think that this is a bit too much, all I do with minecraft is put the .jar file on my desktop, double click on it, and vwalla, perfect minecraft, without several lines of code and having to type minecraft each time I want to play

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast