Thread: Gnome 3: activities bar font size

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Gnome 3: activities bar font size

Hi everybody! Yesterday I installed Gnome 3 and the first thing I noticed is a new bar, the activities bar, and the new notifications system. I've looked around, with no luck, trying to change the size of the font of this bar (and dialogs). So I decided to ask my friends on ubuntuforums if someone knows how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards!
    Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaaay!!!.

Beans

Re: Gnome 3: activities bar font size

gnome-tweak-tool might have what you are looking for, it's the only way I've found to change settings in gnome 3 so far.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I dont think that it's doable with gnome-tweak-tool (yet)

If you use the gnome-shell theme extension you can edit the theme you use manually in .themes/<theme name>/gnome-shell/gnome-shell.css or if you just got a stock gnome 3 install in /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css

Just search for ".panel-button" and change the font-size (if its not there just add "font-size: 12px;" within the brackets of that class, ofc: if you want a different font size just change 12 to whatever you feel like.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Gnome 3: activities bar font size

hey there,
    I had the same problem with the font size of Activities bar + my 'system-monitor' shell extension was replacing the clock in the middle. Got rid of both!!
    For font size, sgapp's trick worked (thanks @sgaap).
    For the clock in the middle, i found an option in the shell-extension itself which says 'Move the clock' (is that so simple!!!). Just uncheck it & there you go. To get to shell-extension's option, go to https://extensions.gnome.org/local/ and in front of 'system-montior' extention among other, there will be an option saying 'configure'. That's it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Old thread closed.