Thread: Combine IMAP acounts

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Smile Combine IMAP acounts

I currently have 7 different email accounts that I use with evolution and I don't enjoy having 7 different inboxes. I can't use POP because I need to access my mail from different computers with different operating systems.

Is there any way to make all the messages from my different IMAP accounts show up in one single inbox?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Combine IMAP acounts

Okay, no ideas?

Then is there some way that I can create 'favorites', like in outlook where all the inboxes can be displayed as quick links so I don't have to expand the tree for each account to show the inbox.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I suppose that you could create a filter (Edit/Message Filters) to copy incoming e-mails to whatever folder you want.

Beans
    Distro

What kind of filter would I use to move incoming mail from he inbox of one account to the inbox of another one? What are the rules for it? Also, is it possible to store sent messages in the sent messages folder of a GMail account that Ia ccess through IMAP?

I tried adding a rule that would check if the recipient is NOT a specific address so basically it would validate as true for almost all email. I then set the action to move it to the inbox of another account, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Last edited by megabuffen; April 1st, 2011 at 12:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

OK, so here's what I tried:

I created a rule where the condition is that the sender contains '@', which should apply to all of them.

If that rule is met, I have the e-mail copied to a folder (the dialogue lets you create a new one, which may come in handy) in my main account (i.e. the one called On This Computer).

I haven't tested this too extensively, but is seems to work.