Thread: System76 laptop bag

Hybrid View

Beans

System76 laptop bag

I originally bought a System76 laptop at the end of 2007 and it's getting to where it's on its last legs. I'm pretty sure that a significant factor in that is that I've been putting it in a backpack that doesn't do a very good job of protecting it. When I originally bought my laptop (a SerP3) I did buy a "bag" (more of a briefcase) to go with it, but the computer barely fit in the bag - so I eventually gave up on it. Does anyone know if the "Targus Sport Computer Backpack" offered with the new System76 laptops is any better? Is it actually a backpack (the image looks exactly like the briefcase I got with my SerP3)?
    Install Pipelight (run Netflix and other VOD services on Linux)

Beans

Re: System76 laptop bag

I know it doesn't address the question very much, but hands down the best bag I ever had was this InCase made for MacBook one. Even when I'm not using it to carry my laptop it's just a really high quality bag. It's lasted me nearly five years of constant use, and it's only sprouted one tiny hole and the zipper is starting to separate from the fabric in one corner.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The Targus Backpack we sell with the systems is indeed a backpack style bag, and not a briefcase. It should handle your computer quite well.

EDIT: Targus was misspelled above.
    Last edited by isantop; April 4th, 2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I am happy with Tom Bihn Brain Bag (Serval p6). Pricey, but worth it. Tom's site lists bag sizes that will carry various System 76 machines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Phew! Those are pricey, but they look like a great deal.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!