Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next meeting?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Next meeting?

Hello Ron, Most of us are in Boise/Meridian area. Feel free to post your question on the boards and well see what we can do.

Beans

Re: Quistion

Hello there i am new to Linux Ubuntu OS i like it but am having some issues like my wife cant play her face book games with out the adobe crashing every five minutes or so.

and i am having a problem with my network not letting me log into my other Ubuntu systems it keeps telling me

this is copy and pasted here from the little error window that pops up. It says this and i quote

Could not display "network:///".

Error: DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    Please select another viewer and try again.

End quote

It use to let me see my other System names on the other systems but now this is all they tell me on any of them i try to get access to. i use to click on the network icon in the home folder and be able to see the other Linux computers on the net work now this is all i see i am running Ubuntu 11.10 i had 11.4 but moved to this new one is this the problem is there i bug that needs to be fixed thanks for any help i can get on this subject.

I was trying to move some files to one of the other 11.10 systems and this is what it keeps telling me when i hit the network icon on any of the systems.

Thanks again for your time
    Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12