Thread: Where Can I Find Sagittarius Photo Tagging Software?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Where Can I Find Sagittarius Photo Tagging Software?

I really need a front-end for exiftool, just like Exiftool GUI for Windows. It won't work in Wine. I think I've tried every photo-related software known to Linux and none of them suit my tagging needs. I came across a few places that mentioned Sagittarius, a front-end for exiftool for Linux. I found the site at http://photobuntu.wordpress.com/2008...-exiftool-gui/ but it doesn't appear to exist anywhere. I've even tried sending an email to what I think is the author's email address... no response so far.

I know the link above is an old page, but the software must have existed at some time... I saw screenshots. Is anyone familiar with this "ghost" software? Does anyone know where I can get the code, source or compiled? Does anyone have it?

I'm amazed that nobody is filling this gap with a simple front-end for exiftool... Exiftool GUI for Windows is perfect... just what I need. I may be stuck having to run it in a VM but that's a little pathetic just to run one tiny tool. Why aren't any developers filling this gap, I wonder?
    I'd rather die fighting lions than being trampled by geese.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Where Can I Find Sagittarius Photo Tagging Software?

Thanks for all the helpful replies. It seems nobody cares much about the metadata of their photos. Thankfully, the author of Sagittarius responded to my email and provided the source, albeit in early stages of development.
    I'd rather die fighting lions than being trampled by geese.

Beans

I have the same problems with photo metadata management in linux.

try:
    http://grigio.org/xmp_manager

Beans

Geeqie does the job perfectly.