Thread: New Samsung laser printer not printing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

New Samsung laser printer not printing

I would be grateful for any help getting my Samsung ML-1665 printing from my Lenovo B550 running Ubunto 10.10. All looks well when checking the printer queue but the printer just blinks when I send a print command from the open office application. I know the printer works because I installed it on my other computer which runs WinXP. Any suggestions? Thanks

Beans

Re: New Samsung laser printer not printing

You didn't mention how you are connecting to the printer. Is it a network or USB connection? I use a Samsung ML-1740 on 10.04 and serve it up to my home network via Samba, so I can print from Windows XP/Vista or Ubuntu. Maybe it's a driver issue, there are several available under Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro

I am using a USB connection and the default driver which I was prompted to use during the setup. No error messages are given by the computer during the printing process.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This printer is not working with default drivers.
    Look here for some additional information.
    You need 20070725085320093_UnifiedLinuxDriver.tar.gz package to be installed to make it work.
    Since Linux drivers were removed from Samsung official web site simply google for it.

Beans
    Distro

Haven't tried that yet but did try more of the built in drivers and managed to get the printer to feed the paper through without any print on it. I think that willl have to be the next plan.