Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [How-To] Getting the most out of Avant Window Navigator as an alternative "shell"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: [How-To] Getting the most out of Avant Window Navigator as an alternative "shell"

Huh. And that wouldn't help at all for DockBarX, where the preview background can't be configured at all, although I wonder if it would be composited differently than in the ordinary Compiz window previews. That might explain the screenshot Rasa saw. Worth trying when I have time, I guess. = ) Thanks for the tip!
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans

Re: [How-To] Getting the most out of Avant Window Navigator as an alternative "shell"

Sorry, I didn't see your answer before now (note to self, always subscribe to threads where you give DockbarX support).

You can change the color and transparency of DockbarX popup from DockbarX preference, that's what I meant. I'm the developer of DockbarX, of course I'm talking about DockbarX and nothing else.

That screenshot is from webupd8:s webpage and the window is probably on a part of the screen that isn't in the screenshot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

still kind of annoyed I couldnt get that to work how I wanted/expected. lol :/
    5.5 GB's Free Ubuntu-One Cloud Storage~
    Click Here

Beans

With compiz 0.92 or later it almost works that way if you turn down the transparency of the dockbarx popup and enable previews for minimized windows from compiz settings.

To get compiz 0.92, install Natty or compile from source (at least I don't think there's a maverick ppa for compiz 0.92, but I'm not sure).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I'm the developer of DockbarX, of course I'm talking about DockbarX and nothing else.
    Oh! That makes sense then. And yeah, I'd somehow missed the Window List Background setting.

Also, thank you, because you've simplified my life.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans
    Hidden!

Any clues on how to do this with Natty? I'm assuming the issue with removing the gnome-panel has to do with the transition to gsettings, as changing the 'panel' in gconf doesn't work.

I dig this setup on my netbook and enjoy the added benefits of having the gnome stuff loaded up.

Edit: Looks like copying /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions/classic-gnome.session to something like 'awn.session' and editing it accordingly works for now.
    Last edited by hewbert; April 26th, 2011 at 03:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12