Thread: idea for Unity - Mockup

Beans

idea for Unity - Mockup

I did a mock-up with new ideas for Ubuntu Unity, including social networks and a better interface with menus.

The Unity is still a little confused. Many users find it difficult to use it. It would be nice ubuntu users post their opinions about an improvement in usability of the Unity.

Mockup this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...iJKGI&vq=hd720

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: idea for Unity - Mockup

Post to brainstorm!!! It's amazing

Beans

It looks very similar to the Ubuntu Netbook Remix, 10.04 version, only with more ambition (and animation). It's great!

I like it very much, it's much much more clean than the current Unity crap. In your version you can actually guess the organisation and its more easy to find something.

Because I mainly use a netbook I'd be more in favour of popups that take the whole screen (see UNR), it looks nicer than everything crammed at one side, its easier to read and the cursor movement is not that a big deal (small screen). Generally speaking your design could use more space, it would be easier to read.

Also the software center icon should really launch the app, but this is nickpicking.

I'll say it again, it looks great, you should push it forward!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by shame.balamut View Post
    Post to brainstorm!!! It's amazing
    +1

looks great

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

+1 here...

It looks more nice than the current unity setup...
    "Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."
    "Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts, and techniques and never forget the old ones!"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Very nice ! Very Nice !
    johnnyg713
    Ultimate Edition,We are World Wide and Growing !
    http://ultimateedition.info/
    http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/for...hp?f=36&t=2387

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Because I mainly use a netbook I'd be more in favour of popups that take the whole screen (see UNR), it looks nicer than everything crammed at one side, its easier to read and the cursor movement is not that a big deal (small screen). Generally speaking your design could use more space, it would be easier to read.
    Yeah, I don't get the point of having the Launcher change into a category menu in favor of using Dash - I mean, I like the visual consistency, but I don't know that it would prove to be more usable. I do like the Places popup in favor of the Dash-style Files and Folders screen, because it looks to be quicker to access, but there are also 14 items in my Gnome Places menu right now, most of which I really do use; I don't know that the benefit of the little popup menu would scale for a larger number of items, and the Files and Folders screen might become a better approach again at that point.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~