Thread: GIMP: how to fit 2 scanned images onto one page if together they're too wide/tall ?

Beans

GIMP: how to fit 2 scanned images onto one page if together they're too wide/tall ?

I have scanned two pages of text from a book which is only 4.5 x 7 inches (12 x 18 cm) in size, and want to paste the two scanned images into one GIMP image editor page, so I can print them as one page and email it to others so they can do the same. But when I import the two scanned images into GIMP and then paste them into one GIMP page, they exceed the width of the page. How do I either increase the size of the GIMP page or decrease the size of the scanned images, so they will fit onto the one GIMP page? Thank you !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: GIMP: how to fit 2 scanned images onto one page if together they're too wide/tall

Use the scale tool in GIMP to resize the images.
    Intel-System Freeze Post#22
    How to mark your thread [SOLVED]
    Registered Linux User-#473773-Ubuntu User-#23255-Machine-#384048

Beans

Re: GIMP: how to fit 2 scanned images onto one page if together they're too wide/tall

Thank you-- very helpful. I clearly need to learn more about how to manipulate images and adjust to size in GIMP, but this will take care of the problem for now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Yeah, seems like gimp is more complicated than Ubuntu itself, but it's a great program none the less.
    Intel-System Freeze Post#22
    How to mark your thread [SOLVED]
    Registered Linux User-#473773-Ubuntu User-#23255-Machine-#384048