Page 244 of 254 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2537

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Just to be clear, when you start Firefox, the top frame is there. Then while you're browsing, the frame disappears.

When you say "eventually" is it a long time? Does it involve active browsing or does it go away even if Firefox is open but not being used?

Can you correlate it with any action on your part? For example, in the two images you provided, the "normal" one doesn't have the find bar at the bottom. The problematic one does.

Do you have other options when you log in? My thinking is that while Firefox will be the same, you may get an idea of whether this problem is related only to GNOME Classic or not. For example, do you have the GNOME Classic No Effects option? If so, what happens when you run Firefox?
    Vasa1
    Yes, this can happen when not browsing, perhaps while I am running another application. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to the disappearance. Glad to see that someone else has seen the problem. I am not alone. BTW, I have not seen this happen in my Mint installation of FF, only the Ubuntu. (Just to be clear, I am running Gnome Classic and not Unity. I find Unity somewhat off-putting, annoying really).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Just to be clear, when you start Firefox, the top frame is there. Then while you're browsing, the frame disappears.
    Yep, except it never disappears when I'm watching it It might disappear when I minimize it. I've been trying to correlate some action, but haven't got it figured out yet.
    When you say "eventually" is it a long time? Does it involve active browsing or does it go away even if Firefox is open but not being used?
    Not very long, less than an hour
    Can you correlate it with any action on your part? For example, in the two images you provided, the "normal" one doesn't have the find bar at the bottom. The problematic one does.
    I don't think it related to the find bar
    Do you have other options when you log in? My thinking is that while Firefox will be the same, you may get an idea of whether this problem is related only to GNOME Classic or not. For example, do you have the GNOME Classic No Effects option? If so, what happens when you run Firefox?
    I'll try that sometime

Beans

After upgrading to ubuntu 12.04.1 from 10.04. I notice there are two add-ons installed by default. (One of these was probably there when I used 10.04 but did not enable it.) The first is "Global menu bar integration 3.4" which integrates menu bar to unity panel. However I was not satisfied with unity panel and installed lxde and I am using this panel. So I do not need to enable this add-on. Is this correct?

The second is "ubuntu firefox modification 2.11.1" which is supposed to manage ubuntu configuration defaults for firefox and extension plugins. Unfortunately I am unable to get details of this add-on on internet. Can anybody please explain its need? I have not yet enabled it. I have no enabled plugins for firefox. Do I really need to use the add-on?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by arroy_0209 View Post
    After upgrading to ubuntu 12.04.1 from 10.04. I notice there are two add-ons installed by default. (One of these was probably there when I used 10.04 but did not enable it.) The first is "Global menu bar integration 3.4" which integrates menu bar to unity panel. However I was not satisfied with unity panel and installed lxde and I am using this panel. So I do not need to enable this add-on. Is this correct?

The second is "ubuntu firefox modification 2.11.1" which is supposed to manage ubuntu configuration defaults for firefox and extension plugins. Unfortunately I am unable to get details of this add-on on internet. Can anybody please explain its need? I have not yet enabled it. I have no enabled plugins for firefox. Do I really need to use the add-on?
    If you're not using Unity (or a KDE panel with the menubar widget), you don't need the Global Menu Bar Integration addon. You can uninstall the package firefox-globalmenu to remove it completely. The other addon (a.k.a. Ubufox) does the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/xul-ext-ubufox/
    Adds Ubuntu-specific modifications to Firefox.

Integrates the browser with Ubuntu to:

Enable searching for missing plugins from Ubuntu software catalog
    Add the following options to the Help menu

• Get help on-line
    • Help translating Firefox
    • Ubuntu Release Notes
    • Set homepage to Ubuntu Start Page
    • Display a restart notification after upgrading Firefox
    • Add ask.com to the search engines. You can uninstall this if you prefer to use a pristine Firefox install.
    Ubuntu user #35115 - Linux user #555707 - My Ubuntu Wik page
    Join the Ubuntu Forums' IRC room (#ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net)!

Beans

Is it appropriate to use the commands
    Code:
    sudo apt-get --purge autoremove firefox-globalmenu
    sudo apt-get --purge autoremove xul-ext-ubufox
    for the purpose? I need to confirm. I hope these component packages work independent of one another so that uninstalling two components will not affect working of others. (I am a bit concerned because I am facing instability issues since upgradation) Also I want to make sure that no updates for these packages are notified at later dates.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by arroy_0209 View Post
    Is it appropriate to use the commands
    Code:
    sudo apt-get --purge autoremove firefox-globalmenu
    sudo apt-get --purge autoremove xul-ext-ubufox
    for the purpose? I need to confirm. I hope these component packages work independent of one another so that uninstalling two components will not affect working of others. (I am a bit concerned because I am facing instability issues since upgradation) Also I want to make sure that no updates for these packages are notified at later dates.
    Just this would be fine:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge firefox-globalmenu xul-ext-ubufox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    Just this would be fine:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge firefox-globalmenu xul-ext-ubufox
    Actually, just this would be fine:

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove firefox-globalmenu xul-ext-ubufox

Those packages don't have system configuration files, which would be removed by the purge. Not even firefox package needs a purge.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Actually, just this would be fine:

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove firefox-globalmenu xul-ext-ubufox
    Those packages don't have system configuration files, which would be removed by the purge. Not even firefox package needs a purge.
    Ok, thanks for pointing that out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I'm seeing a remember password dialog box on the latest Nightly 19 build which I have never seen before . The problem is that it offers every time I login to a site instead of offering once like other browsers. Has anyone seen this yet and is it working properly ?
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

I am using firefox 16.0.2 in ubuntu 12.04. There had been one problem with firefox since I upgraded from lucid, i.e., occasionally some text lines displayed in firefox has horizontal black lines (of various thickness) passing through them, making them hard to read. If I press mouse over those lines, these disappear and if I save the page, the lines don't appear in saved file. So they are present only temporarily but is irritating. How do I stop this from happening?

Page 244 of 254 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246 ... LastLast