Page 6 of 254 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

why do Tabs in Firefox 4 not cover titlebar in Linux?

At my work Windows is used and Firefox 4 was installed today. The Tabs cover up the titlebar like in Google Chrome. Tabs aren't covering up the titlebar in ubuntu. Wats going on?

Beans

Re: Firefox 4 Adblock Plus Add-on

I can confirm that it's working for me, so the site isn't lying to you. I'm using my old Fx 3.6 profile, and adblock's still installed from that (v1.3.3).

Which version are you trying to install? Are you using a new profile, or an old profile?
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Thanks be to lovinglinux for this fine info.

I have renamed this as the Firefox 4 Mega Thread, moved it to the General Help section and made it sticky.

Thanks,
    uRock
    Thank you for your contributions. "So long and thanks for the fish!"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

When you say it isn't there, are you saying it was removed from the add ons list or just removed from the interface?

I installed FF4 my windows/tri-boot machine just to fool around with it. I like the tabs above the browser, not above the address bar. I tab switch more that play with the address bar. Feh on four. (Unless there is a place to config where you want it)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Uninstall NoScript, then install the newest version.

Firefox 4 no longer extracts the extension xpi file prior to installation. It loads the extension directly from the xpi. So perhaps you experiencing issues with the old extracted folder in your old profile. Not sure tho.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: why does Mozilla maintain multiple versions of Firefox?

Though there are stable and development releases it is the users choice weather to install or not. Development releases are needed for testing what are to become the next updates in the stable release.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Is there a way to move the tabs above the browser window instead of above the address bar? I tab switch more that type something in the address bar. I am still using 3.6.15 on this machine, I just tested it quickly on a Windows machine.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Firefox 4 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by LowSky View Post
    anyone else like FF4"s look on Windows better than the version Linux users got. This is one time I dont want GTK
    Yeah. I was bummed when I saw GTK firefox. Windows looks a lot better. Plus the TABS cover up the Titlebar in Windows but so far not on my Linux box :*(

Beans

Re: why do Tabs in Firefox 4 not cover titlebar in Linux?

The problem is that title bar are controlled by window managers so IMO you can't get rid of it from the program itself. I am looking for a solution too.

Beans

By "not there", do you mean it isn't in the list of installed extensions? Or you just don't see an icon in the bottom right corner? Do you even have a bottom right corner any more?

Page 6 of 254 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast