Page 54 of 254 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alexis44 View Post
    It seems to look much the same as the previous report:
    You didn't removed the mozillateam ppa repositories from the sources list, as suggested. Please follow my instructions again making sure you remove them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Firefox, Fonts and some problems with webpages using 11.04 beta and 10.10 stable

I hope you can help me to solve this problem I am having when checking webpages, I dont know if its a problem of Firefox, Ubuntu Fonts or something else.

The fonts seem to be bigger than other elements in the webpage. Needless to say that in Firefox Windows 7 it looks ok.

Problem in Ubuntu 10.10 stable and 11.04 beta.

Attached are images of the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Re: Firefox, Fonts and some problems with webpages using 11.04 beta and 10.10 stable

Quote Originally Posted by rausuar View Post
    I hope you can help me to solve this problem I am having when checking webpages, I dont know if its a problem of Firefox, Ubuntu Fonts or something else.

The fonts seem to be bigger than other elements in the webpage. Needless to say that in Firefox Windows 7 it looks ok.

Problem in Ubuntu 10.10 stable and 11.04 beta.

Attached are images of the problem.
    Go to Firefox settings, select the "Content" tab, click "Advanced" next to the "Font" section and untick the option to "Allow pages to choose their own font...".

If that doesn't help, try NoSquint extension.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; April 13th, 2011 at 12:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The 4.2 development release just jumped to Nightly 6.0 Alpha 1 . I still have Adblock Plus but the Compatibility Reporter is down . Looks like I will be waiting for add-ons to catch up again.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

If you are running nightlies you really need to have the compatibility reporter extension installed so you can at least try to run "incompatible" extensions. Have to fudge the install.rdf for it. Can't imagine much is going to list 6.0 yet!

The nightly was supposed to jump to 5.0 (4.2 was just a dummy name). Did they make a boo-boo or did 5.0 branch already? Windows builds still say 4.2. Have to see how that goes in the next day or two.

Beans

I checked and 5.0 has indeed branched already, without them even managing to get the nightlies to show it. So nightlies are going to be 6.0 for a while.

I haven't found an online location for all the new channels, but you should be able to switch in the about dialog (soon!). The channels are Central which is equivalent to nightlies, Aurora which is like the alpha branch, then Beta and Release which are obvious. They will overlap considerably on the 3-monthly release schedule.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lithopsian View Post
    If you are running nightlies you really need to have the compatibility reporter extension installed so you can at least try to run "incompatible" extensions. Have to fudge the install.rdf for it. Can't imagine much is going to list 6.0 yet!

The nightly was supposed to jump to 5.0 (4.2 was just a dummy name). Did they make a boo-boo or did 5.0 branch already? Windows builds still say 4.2. Have to see how that goes in the next day or two.
    The Compatibility reporter no longer works , and I will check the version again when I get home .
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; April 13th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Thanks lovinglinux! I wanted to get FF 4 but, it didn't look like it supported NoScript, which I love even though it is annoying.
    I installed the side by side option and removed all add-ons in FF 4 and exported my Noscript settings from FF 3.6 and then
    imported them into FF4! Which is really sweet as it is a pain setting up NoScript initially!

Plus I don't like change (one of those things about getting old...), but this is cool!
    Now, I have both FF 3.6 and FF 4 so I can play with both and then get rid of FF 3.6 when I am ready.
    Way cool!
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.84Ghz. 4.0GB DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

The one thing I can see Firefox 4 is missing is when you had multiple tabs open it would ask you if you wanted to save them for the next time you opened it.
    I sometimes would open an additional tab just so it would save where it was.
    Hopefully they will add that nice feature.

Oh and it does appear to be much faster.

EDIT: However I do like how Ctrl+Page Down still switches between tabs.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; April 13th, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.84Ghz. 4.0GB DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    The Compatibility reporter no longer works , and I will check the version again when I get home .
    Compatibility Reporter should be updated soon. Meanwhile, you can add compatibility manually.

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_e...tibility_check

I have already updated FoxTester to work with 6.0a1 and also added support for the new development scheme, whith links to releases, beta, aurora and central repositories.

http://www.webgapps.org/addons/foxte...-1-1-2-firefox

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    The one thing I can see Firefox 4 is missing is when you had multiple tabs open it would ask you if you wanted to save them for the next time you opened it.
    I sometimes would open an additional tab just so it would save where it was.
    Hopefully they will add that nice feature.

Oh and it does appear to be much faster.

EDIT: However I do like how Ctrl+Page Down still switches between tabs.
    I use Session Manager extension. Is really cool and works like Opera session manager. You can save multiple sessions with different tabs and tab groups. So I have different sets of tabs for different activities (programming, media browsing, forum discussion and so on). All I need is to switch to a different session to get all the tabs I need for a particular activity. This way, I don't need to keep many tabs open. Helps to organize my workflow and improve performance.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; April 13th, 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Page 54 of 254 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast