Page 30 of 254 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Berserk View Post
    Hello! I have a question. Maybe it has been answered before. How do you uninstall the Firefox 4 stable ppa?

Thanks in advance.
    Go to "System >> Administration >> Software Sources >> Other Software" and disable the firefox-stable ppa. Then run these commands:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall firefox
    There is also ppa-purge in the official repositories that you can use to disable a ppa and revert the software installed by it.

To use this approach, run these:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
    sudo ppa-purge ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
    Last edited by lovinglinux; March 27th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Go to "System >> Administration >> Software Sources >> Other Software" and disable the firefox-stable ppa. Then run these commands:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall firefox
    There is also ppa-purge in the official repositories that you can use to disable a ppa and revert the software installed by it.

To use this approach, run these:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
    sudo ppa-purge ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
    Thanks for your answer mate! Which method is best to use? Im not all that great on PPA software.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Berserk View Post
    Thanks for your answer mate! Which method is best to use? Im not all that great on PPA software.
    I never used the second one, because I didn't know about it until recently. I use the first method and it works fine for me and everyone I helped in the forums.

Beans

I never used the second one, because I didn't know about it until recently. I use the first method and it works fine for me and everyone I helped in the forums.
    Okay! Thanks for your help mate. I appreciate it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you are an Ubuntu Tweak fan (ubuntu-tweak) it also has a ppa remover in the Applications/Package Cleaner section.
    Back to Xorg...

Retired.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Work-around: why do Tabs in Firefox 4 not cover titlebar in Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    OMG that's not how it's supposed to be. In WinXP the FF menu and tabs are part of the window not under it.
    Yes. Limitations of the Linux version. There are other posts about this and some possible solutions.
    The solution does work. But I would call this a "work-around", as it is not a true solution by Firefox, and must come from the Linux window manager. Here is what to do, from: Get Tabs in the Title Bar (like Chrome).

1. Download and install Hide Caption Titlebar Plus (Smart)

2. Configure the "Look & Feel" tab, "Look & Feel 2" tab as described in Step 2 of Get Tabs in the Title Bar (like Chrome). You will see the orange Firefox button appear on the tab bar, but the title bar is still present.

3. Right click on the tab bar, (or in the open space between the address and search bars) and select Customize... Then drag and drop the "[hcp] Min, Max, Close Buttons" item next to the Firefox menu. I positioned this button group on the right side, as I want to be similar to the MS Windows button positions.

4. Install the CompizConfig Settings Manager:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
    5. Start the CompizConfig Settings Manager: System --> Preferences --> CompizConfig Settings Manager. Go to the Window Decoration (it should already be enabled with a check box): Effect --> Window Decoration.

6. I am using Gnome with a customized Ambiance theme, Normal visual effects, and would like no title bar for all window sizes. Under the General tab, Decoration Windows field enter:
    Code:
    any & !(role=browser & class=Firefox)
    You will immediately see the title bar disappear. In summary, Compiz forces the title bar to disappear; the tab bar appears as the top window border in its place.

I can report bugs in Launchpad.net, but Firefox bugs are tracked in Mozilla's Bugzilla. I do not see any relevant bugs open against this problem. (I don't have a Bugzilla account to report this.)
    Last edited by GeekGirl1; March 29th, 2011 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Removed comment regarding Firefox button on right side. Problem was due to incompatible profile, not menu.

Beans

Adblock doesn't work in Firefox 4

So Adblock doesn't work in Firefox 4 for me. It installs and I have the red ABP icon, and I can click on it etc, but it won't let me add any filters or subscriptions.

When I select preferences, then add filte subscription, the box closes and leaves me with the preferences box, with nothing in it. If I move the mouse pointer within the box, a tiny little white box appears next to the arrow. Something weird is up...

I've tried uninstalling Firefox and Adblock to no avail.

Beans

Re: Adblock doesn't work in Firefox 4

Adblock Plus works great here with FF4. I even had a update with in the last few days. When first adding the software it should ask you at that time if you want to add a subscription. GL

Beans

I just uninstalled Firefox with package manager, purged it, the reinstalled it to find Adblock installed and my last open tabs still sitting there.

Why does 'mark for complete removal' not completely remove it?

Beans

You can always go in and remove the the directory folder completely and try it again. GL Places --> Home Folder --> Ctrl + h and on .mozilla folder press delete. GL

Page 30 of 254 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast