Page 247 of 254 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2537

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

I received an update to FF just now. I have FF 18.0.2 on Ubuntu 10.04.

I ran the Wizard mode of Flash-Aid after the update and received the following error:

Code:
    There was an error creating the child process for this terminal.
    Is there anything I can do about this?

EDIT: I recently enabled AppArmor for FF using this guide and entering into terminal the following command. Could this have anything to do with this issue with Flash-Aid?
    Code:
    sudo aa-enforce /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.firefox
    ;p
    Last edited by mikodo; February 6th, 2013 at 08:01 AM.
    One Psychiatrist's Definition of Insanity: Knowing what one should do and doing differently.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Post deleted, because of erroneous information.
    Last edited by mikodo; February 12th, 2013 at 09:31 PM.
    One Psychiatrist's Definition of Insanity: Knowing what one should do and doing differently.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I continued to have trouble running flash videos like in YouTube and in embedded links provided in other pages, so I did some experimenting.

I have two installed OS.

1) Ubuntu 10.04.x (32 bit) (grub attached to this)

With this I ran to enforce AppArmor for firefox
    Code:
    sudo aa-enforce /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.firefox
    I noticed that If I went into synaptic and installed flashpugin-installer and flashpugin-downloader I could then install the newest version of Adobeflash (11.2.202.262....), and I could watch the flash videos I wanted.

If I ran the wizard mode of FlashAid I got the message
    Code:
    There was an error creating the child process for this terminal
    and Flash videos wouldn't work again and flashpugin-installer and flashpugin-downloader were not installed anymore. I installed the flashplugins again and then installed the newest flash per prompt when trying to watch a flash video and was able to watch it. I then disabled FlashAid and have not had any trouble with Flash video's since.

2) Xubuntu 12.04.x (64 bit). I have Armorforge as a GUI for AppArmor installed. With firefox process turned on or off, I was still having trouble with flash. If I had flashpugin-installer and flashpugin-downloader installed, I could install the lastest flash and watch flash videos. If I ran the Wizard mode of FlashAid, I received the message

Code:
    md5sum *Flash* No such file or directory .. Flash 32 bit install aborted, due to Md5 check sum mismatch.
    But, after getting this message I couldn't run the flash videos again as flashplugin-installer and flashpluging-downloader had again been uninstalled along with the newest flash.

I installed again flashplugin-installer and flashplugin-downloader and installed the newest version of flash and everything was golden again. I disabled FlashAid extension flash continues to play.

So, it seems the problem I am having is not due to AppArmor but with running FlashAid 2.2.3. and Adobe Flash.

Please lets get HTML5 working or pepper or something. I am tired of AdobeFlash and it's vulnerabilities. I know I don't have to use it, but ... I want to use Firefox OS and I like to see videos securely. Is that so bad???

Thanks.
    Last edited by mikodo; March 16th, 2013 at 03:15 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Question Re: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Hi!, All, Re: Spell-Checking Not Working Since Forum Rebuild.

With the new Forum layout, Spell-Checking in Firefox no longer works in New Reply or New Thread edit boxes, errors are not underlined nor highlighted.

I have: "Check Spelling" ticked in the Right Click drop-down menu.

Also in Firefox>Edit>Preferences>Advanced>General> "Check my spelling as I type", is ticked as well.

Is there some other way of re-activating this facility ?? It worked as expected until these Forum changes.

I see an old Post saying the Forum does not do Spell-Checking, but it depends on the browser, so I have Re-Posted this in the Firefox sticky.

Chao!, bogan.
    "Better Solutions may bring Worsened Problems": After Lao Tse, b. circa 405BC. a contemporary of Confucius, who died circa 600BC.
    They did things differently in those days, apparently!!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hi!, All, Re: Spell-Checking Not Working Since Forum Rebuild.

Originally Posted by: coffeecat,
    The only thing I can suggest is in the right-click context menu, make sure that one of the Languages (under check spelling) is marked, although it should be anyway.
    I did that, and Presto!, with 'English (United Kingdom)' selected, Spell-Checking is now working!!

Thanks again, another one Solved!!

Chao!, bogan.
    "Better Solutions may bring Worsened Problems": After Lao Tse, b. circa 405BC. a contemporary of Confucius, who died circa 600BC.
    They did things differently in those days, apparently!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aka-John99 View Post
    May I suggest you read the articles and try the suggestions then post back with how you are getting on, and what has been tried..
    Hi again. I disabled flash and indeed the problem persisted. I'm afraid that's all I tried and just lived with it for a while, but after breaking my install and needing to reinstall 12.04 (unrelated problem), the problem is gone! Process now terminates when closing firefox.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hello:

I have to restart the spell checker in FF 20 by selecting Languages > US English from the context menu at each log in. I decided to give FF another try on 13.04 because of Ubuntu related modifications and I am looking for a longterm fix. When I start a post and I spell a word incorrectly I can start the spell checker as I wrote above. The spell checker is enabled in browser preferences and the box is checked in the context menu.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

BTW, in Firefox 21, the cache is no longer in ~/.mozilla but in ~/.cache/mozilla/firefox/[your_profile_ID].default/Cache!
    Shortened urls: See point #11 here. And clicking on them could be risky.

Beans

I've enabled the use of 'master password' because I have most of my passwords stored in Firefox.

I get the prompt asking for a password when opening firefox, but if I just click 'cancel', it opens like normal and I have access to all my sites and passwords.

So this 'master password' function is worthless in this state. Anybody experience something similar?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Hello:

I have to restart the spell checker in FF 20 by selecting Languages > US English from the context menu at each log in. I decided to give FF another try on 13.04 because of Ubuntu related modifications and I am looking for a longterm fix. When I start a post and I spell a word incorrectly I can start the spell checker as I wrote above. The spell checker is enabled in browser preferences and the box is checked in the context menu.
    Bumping : I have checked about:config and the spell checker settings are correct as far as I can tell.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Page 247 of 254 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 ... LastLast