Thread: Problem while apt-get upgrade : Errors were encountered while processing:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Problem while apt-get upgrade : Errors were encountered while processing:

I had some problem while apt-get upgrade

here is the output :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    [sudo] password for adibizuddin: 
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages will be upgraded:
      faenza-icon-theme
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    6 not fully installed or removed.
    Need to get 0B/13.8MB of archives.
    After this operation, 10.4MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
    WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
      faenza-icon-theme
    Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
    (Reading database ... 236821 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace faenza-icon-theme 0.8 (using .../faenza-icon-theme_0.9_i386.deb) ...
    Leaving 'diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Unpacking replacement faenza-icon-theme ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/Faenza-Dark/apps/22/covergloobus.png', which is also in package faenza-icons-mono 0.9
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.png' with
      different file `/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.default.png', not allowed
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    No diversion 'diversion of /guake-notification.png by faenza-icon-theme', none removed.
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    it says , error were encounteredn while processing the faenza-icon-theme.
    what should I do to fix this error?

thanks in advanced

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Problem while apt-get upgrade : Errors were encountered while processing:

I get this thing fix already , here it goes.;

Code:
     sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9_i386.deb
    here is the result :

Code:
    [sudo] password for adibizuddin: 
    (Reading database ... 236821 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace faenza-icon-theme 0.8 (using .../faenza-icon-theme_0.9_i386.deb) ...
    Leaving 'diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
     trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/Faenza-Dark/apps/22/covergloobus.png', which is also in package faenza-icons-mono 0.9
     trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/Faenza-Dark/apps/22/me-tv.png', which is also in package faenza-icons-mono 0.9
     trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/Faenza/apps/22/me-tv.png', which is also in package faenza-icons-mono 0.9
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.png' with
      different file `/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.default.png', not allowed
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.png' with
      different file `/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.default.png', not allowed
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.default.svg', not allowed
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.default.svg', not allowed
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.default.svg', not allowed
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.default.svg', not allowed
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.default.svg', not allowed
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.default.svg', not allowed
    Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.default.svg', not allowed
    dpkg: warning: subprocess old post-removal script returned error exit status 2
    dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.png' with
      different file `/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.default.png', not allowed
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.default.svg', not allowed
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.default.svg', not allowed
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.default.svg', not allowed
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.default.svg', not allowed
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.default.svg', not allowed
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.default.svg', not allowed
    dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.svg' with
      different file `/usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.default.svg', not allowed
    No diversion 'diversion of /guake-notification.png by faenza-icon-theme', none removed.
    dpkg: ... it looks like that went OK.
    Setting up faenza-icon-theme (0.9) ...
    here i just need to reinstall back manually and with force, so that it can be fix back

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thanks! That helped me out.
    "Yo no soy cobarde, Padre, yo soy pacifista, que no es lo mismo. Odio el derramamiento de sangre inutil, y tambien el util. Por eso yo odio la guerra. La guerra fria, la guerra caliente y la guerra fria." -- Tin Tan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Thanks a lot! It worked like a charm for me!
    Don't be fooled with my joining date ... I am still a novice!
    Please don't PM any support questions. Post a thread instead, so that everyone can be benefited!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

When I entered

Code:
    I got this:

Code:
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9_i386.deb (--install):
     cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro

OK, so I have tried and tried and I am still getting this:

Code:
    :~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
    Get:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/tiheum/equinox/ubuntu/ lucid/main faenza-icon-theme 0.9-ubuntu2 [13.9MB]
    Fetched 13.9MB in 5min 46s (40.0kB/s)                                                                                                                                   
    (Reading database ... 170151 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace faenza-icon-theme 0.8 (using .../faenza-icon-theme_0.9-ubuntu2_i386.deb) ...
    Adding `diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding `diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Adding `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9-ubuntu2_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/Faenza-Dark/apps/22/me-tv.png', which is also in package faenza-icons-mono 0:0.9
    Removing `diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audioscrobbler/as-icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing `diversion of /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.png to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/umusicstore/musicstore_icon.default.png by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_away.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_dnd.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_invisible.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_na.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_offline.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_online.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    Removing `diversion of /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.svg to /usr/share/dockmanager/data/skype_skypeme.default.svg by faenza-icon-theme'
    No diversion `diversion of /guake-notification.png by faenza-icon-theme', none removed
     /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9-ubuntu2_i386.deb
    When I entered

Code:
    I got

Code:
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9_i386.deb (--install):
    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong / not doing right?

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by bookcrazy View Post
    Code:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9-ubuntu2_i386.deb
    When I entered

Code:
    I got

Code:
    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong / not doing right?
    In your case it is:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9-ubuntu2_i386.deb
    Greetings.
    Last edited by Krytarik; April 12th, 2011 at 01:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: Problem while apt-get upgrade : Errors were encountered while processing:

Quote Originally Posted by Krytarik View Post
    In your case it is:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-icon-theme_0.9-ubuntu2_i386.deb
    Greetings.
    Thanks a million! It worked like a charm.