Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you install PCSX2?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: How do you install PCSX2?

Quote Originally Posted by aenertia View Post
    here is the required all in one command for natty i386 chroot setup:
    i'm having a problem with this it installs the chroot fine but i get this when trying to run pcsx2
    Code:
    (natty_i386)root@linux-GA-MA785GM-US2H:/home/linux# pcsx2 --
    sh: Can't open /home/linux/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
    any suggestions?
    (desktop)OC'd 3.9Ghz Sempron 140 unlocked to dual-core Athlon II, 150GB Hard Drive, 320GB Hard Drive, 3GB Ram, ATI HD3450 256mb GPU.

Beans

Is this for the latest pcsx2 .9.8

Beans

How do you run pcsx2 when the chroot is installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by wolffangalchemist View Post
    i'm having a problem with this it installs the chroot fine but i get this when trying to run pcsx2
    Code:
    (natty_i386)root@linux-GA-MA785GM-US2H:/home/linux# pcsx2 --
    sh: Can't open /home/linux/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
    any suggestions?
    Personally, I'd guess the compile step didn't run quite successfully. From method B, try doing step "Part 2) Downloading and installing pcsx2". Report any errors that occur.

Beans

Wink Re: How do you install PCSX2?

I am always surprised with the detailed solution for any problem I face under Ubuntu !
    You guys at Ubuntu forums are the best!
    thanks alot

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Ok, I'm not exactly a very experienced user of Linux, I'll just say to begin with.

Anyway, the problem I'm having with this solution is that when I'm doing the 'make' for PCSX2, it gets to making the plugins and then.. well, the C files have includes for gtk things and all that, but make is treating them like relative paths and will only continue if I copy say the gtk directory into the Src directory, and I'm not really sure if I want to go about doing that for everything included in every plugin.

Is there a way to tell it to look in the right places for these? I don't know how to tell it to do that.

Edit: example output, note that this is after copying said gtk/gdk folders in:

Code:
    [ 40%] Building C object plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/CMakeFiles/CDVDlinuz.dir/Linux/aboutbox.c.o
    In file included from /home/deiwos/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/Linux/gdk/gdk.h:32:0,                        
                     from /home/deiwos/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/Linux/gtk/gtkwidget.h:34,
                     from /home/deiwos/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/Linux/gtk/gtkcontainer.h:35,
                     from /home/deiwos/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/Linux/gtk/gtkbin.h:35,
                     from /home/deiwos/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/Linux/gtk/gtkbutton.h:35,
                     from /home/deiwos/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/Linux/aboutbox.c:49:
    /home/deiwos/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/Linux/gdk/gdkapplaunchcontext.h:30:21: fatal error: gio/gio.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/CMakeFiles/CDVDlinuz.dir/Linux/aboutbox.c.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/CMakeFiles/CDVDlinuz.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Last edited by DeiwosN; May 16th, 2011 at 05:38 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Cool Uninstalling

In case I do not want anymore to have the 32 bit enviroment, How do I delete it? I want to uninstall the 32bit enviroment I created following your instructions.
    Last edited by Osmodivs; June 29th, 2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Not wanted anymore

Beans

Hi! Compilation has passed successfully, but unfortunately in 32 bit environment I can not adjust a video card. When I start a command "jockey-gtk" anything in the list is not present and and it is written "No proprietary drivers are in use on this system". But in system i have installed 11.6 Catalyst, using ATI card. Please help=)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Just out of curiosity: is there anything preventing you from manually installing the necessary drivers in the chroot?

Beans

I tried to install manually, but it all the same is not installed, gives out an error, does not know what to it the version to put.

"Error: ./default_policy.sh does not support version
    default:v2:i686:lib::none:2.6.32-33-generic:; make sure that the version is being
    correctly set by --iscurrentdistro"

May be soluiton ih there? http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/...64bStatusLinux
    Proprietary Driver

• NVIDIA
      • Do not know ^^ (arcum42 -- I've got an nvidia card, so I'll have to check some time...)
    • ATI/AMD (Note: library paths depend on distributions)
      1. Use the 32bits glxinfo to check that direct rendering is enabled
      2. You need to overwrite the libGL.so.* libraries provided by mesa with the 32bits version in fglrx.
      3. You must add the 32bits fglrx_dri.so

But unfortunately I do not have not enough knowledge how to do these 3 steps and not to break anything.
    Last edited by Diablero; July 16th, 2011 at 01:26 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast