Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you install PCSX2?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: How do you install PCSX2?

About two seconds of googling that error message yields: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1550841

Beans

No, it not that. I think that the decision is here http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/...64bStatusLinux

Proprietary Driver
    • NVIDIA
      • Do not know ^^ (arcum42 -- I've got an nvidia card, so I'll have to check some time...)
    • ATI/AMD (Note: library paths depend on distributions)
      1. Use the 32bits glxinfo to check that direct rendering is enabled
      2. You need to overwrite the libGL.so.* libraries provided by mesa with the 32bits version in fglrx.
      3. You must add the 32bits fglrx_dri.so

But unfortunately I do not have not enough knowledge how to do these 3 easy steps and not to break anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

What I was trying to point out was that the proprietary ATI/AMD driver isn't compatible yet. You might want to install a chroot with 10.04 which the driver is compatible with.

You actually found the workaround, but since I don't have an ATI/AMD card yet, I can't really help you much. It sounds pretty risky anyway. The first step is easy (simply execute "sudo apt-get install mesa-utils" to install it and then run "glxinfo" from the chroot command line). The second and third steps may completely break your 3D capability, so you might want to ask somebody who's already done it, e.g. the person who wrote the wiki entry.

Beans

I have installed all, without problem.

But, I don't know how to open PCSX2 :
    Code:
    rayquaza@spanti:~$ sudo start32bit
    [sudo] password for rayquaza: 
    non-network local connections being added to access control list
    (lucid_i386)root@spanti:/home/rayquaza# pcsx2
    sh: Can't open /root/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
    (lucid_i386)root@spanti:/home/rayquaza#

Beans

Where do I put the bios file? I cannot seem to find the folder I followed your tutorial and installed pcsx2 in chroot on xubuntu 11.04 64 bit. pcsx2 runs but i cannot start it as i don't know where to put the bios can anyone help?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aenertia View Post
    here is the required all in one command for natty i386 chroot setup:
    I'd like to share my experience. I have succesfully installed PCSX2 under "Natty 11.04 64-bit" through those schroot guidelines, but with a few twists.

"Ubuntu Lucid 32-bit" didn't work for me. The packages were all installed, PCSX2 0.9.8 was downloaded and compiled, but then jockey-gtk failed to detect and install NVidia drivers.

So I decided to try "Natty 11.04 32-bit" instead of Lucid.

After downloading the packages, something was wrong yet. Some packages didn't install properly, so jockey-gtk wouldn't open. Then I did "apt-get install synaptic", launched Synaptic, selected the appropriate missing packages (looking at the information provided by the colleague aenertia), and the NVidia driver packages.

After that I started jockey-gtk and it detected my nVidia driver correctly, but it wasn't activated. Therefore, I activated it. The python script running the jockey interface "broke" when finishing the activation procedure, but after one minute or two I forcefully closed the jockey window and restarted it to check whether the driver was at least activated... and it was. No problem.

Once I had previously compiled PCSX2 using the steps given for "Lucid-32", I didn't need to do that all again. Just executed the "pcsx2" script and it launched.

I know this isn't an emulation forum, but I think the following information might be useful for those trying to configure the application to get the most of it.

I got "God Of War 1" running at 33-45 FPS in windowed mode in my equipment. I don't know how much FPS it was running in full screen, but I had the strange feeling it was running a tad bit faster, believe it or not.

Intel i5 2500K quad core 3.3GHz 8GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 TI 1GB GDDR5 256-bit

I achieved that frame rate through the following settings:
    - Enabled plugins: Display=ZZOgl 0.3.0, Sound=SPU-2x 2.0.0 (others are default)
    - Emulator Settings: "Preset 5 - Aggresive piu" (checkbox at the bottom)
    - ZZOgl Configuration:
    Bilinear filter: normal
    Interlacing: None
    Anti-aliasing: 1x
    - SPU2X Configuration:
    Interpolation: 0 - Nearest
    Disable effects processing
    Output settings: defaults (Portaudio / Alsa / Time Stretch / Latency: 300)
    Advanced Settings: All sliders to the minimum ( 20 / 10 / 5)

Thanks everybody!
    Last edited by pkersey; November 25th, 2011 at 10:53 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

sh: Can't open /root/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/launch_pcsx2_linux.sh

Now how do i uninstall all this junk?

Beans

hello please how can I delete all this stuff???I installed Method A and I'd like to remove it.Can anyone help me? thanx and sorry for my english...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

This thread is pretty old and the version of PCSX2 that method works with is depreciated.

This thread is closed.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123