Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Gazelle Manual??

Beans

No Gazelle Manual??

I just got my Gazelle P, last week.

Talk about minimal packing! Cardboard box, laptop, charger and video-2-hdmi converter. Thats it!

I figured the manual must be online. Can't find it? Selling laptop with manual? No real specs except the marketing slime on the order page? WTF?

And how about this System76 driver. Are their any specs for this thing? is it open source? Do I really need it?

You guys ever here of documentation?

Other than that I love it!

Scott

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: No Gazelle Manual??

Not even a manual with all the BIO's information?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

See the following knowledge base article: http://knowledge76.com/index.php/GazP6

It describes what the driver does.

More information about the driver is here: http://knowledge76.com/index.php/System76_Driver

It is opensource.

You can see alot of the hardware on your computer by typing 'lspci' in the terminal. You can also view more information via 'System Monitor'.

I believe the Gazelle is based on the Clevo P150HM. You can google that model and probably find more information; however, I seriously doubt that System 76 is withholding any information. The best explanation for it not having a users manual is that the manufacturer didn't ship them one.
    Last edited by nevius; March 21st, 2011 at 04:20 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Adding to that, the driver is a python application, and all of the source code is available in /opt/system76. You're free to have a look in there.

We try to be a green company, so we ship as little paper with the system as possible. Information on the systems is available on the knowledge base:

http://knowledge76.com

Other than that, we can try to answer any questions you have.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro

I just got my tracking number today, do you know when you are going to have links for the windows drivers? I see in the wiki that you have provided links before. Also do you know when the welcome manual will be posted on the wiki?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

We're not 100% certain when we'll have the drivers up, but it should be soon. Keep an eye on the page.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sderrick View Post
    I just got my Gazelle P, last week.

Talk about minimal packing! Cardboard box, laptop, charger and video-2-hdmi converter. Thats it!

I figured the manual must be online. Can't find it? Selling laptop with manual? No real specs except the marketing slime on the order page? WTF?

And how about this System76 driver. Are their any specs for this thing? is it open source? Do I really need it?

You guys ever here of documentation?

Other than that I love it!

Scott
    Hah. I'm sort of in the same boat. I don't need the manuals though, which would be a good idea. I had a few issues with the wireless, but that was fixed when I upgraded my wireless router. I recently dual booted with windows 7 and just need the drivers now for work purposes.

Other than all of the little annoyances that have added up over the past month and a half waiting for this laptop, I'd say its a 10/10 laptop. Just wish it had windows drivers.. lol.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    We try to be a green company, so we ship as little paper with the system as possible. Information on the systems is available on the knowledge base:

http://knowledge76.com

Other than that, we can try to answer any questions you have.
    Green is good, I applaud that , a total and I mean TOTAL lack of information about the hardware you are selling is bad! You guys sell hardware and don't provide ANY documentation on it. Paper or electronic. I looked here http://knowledge76.com

If thats your idea of hardware documentation, thats pathetic!

You should fess up and, be honest, show some integrity and say

"We don't provide any documentation on the hardware you buy."

Its nice of you to aggregate third party information regarding Ubuntu(software), which is all you do.

Scott

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm sorry if you aren't getting enough information form the Knowledge base. I'd be happy to send you any information you need. Did you have an idea on what you want to find out?
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro

Here is a link to a pdf that you might find useful.

http://www2.sagernotebook.com/Sagern...ual_NP81X0.exe

edit* Ya, ya I know its a damn self extracting zip but the pdf is in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast