Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: persistant cookie when logging with launchpad openID

Beans

persistant cookie when logging with launchpad openID

Hello,

[Fixed] 1st, when viewing the forum with Konqueror, the 'Sign in using your Launchpad ID' link is hidden behind the search box.

[Pending] 2nd, when signing in with the said Launchpad ID, the cookie is set to expire at the end of the session. I would like it to be permanent, but the option is not offered.

Thanks,

Augustin.
    Last edited by AugustinMa; May 2nd, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Beans

Re: persistant cookie when logging with launchpad openID

Also, when logging in with the launchpad ID, we are not redirected to the post we come from. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if I could have a persistent login.

Beans

How to get the attention of the web site owners to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinMa View Post
    Hello,

1st, when viewing the forum with Konqueror, the 'Sign in using your Launchpad ID' link is hidden behind the search box.
    That sounds like an issue with the page design itself. The forum is about to undergo some changes, including a new theme and software upgrade. This issue may not apply in the new design. Here is the sticky with more information on the upgrade.

Beans

Thank you Silver Fox.
    I posted a comment there:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...754640&page=10

Hopefully, this can be fixed.

Btw, the design problem is a minor issue. The broken redirect and the lack of permanent cookie make this forum much harder to use when using launchpad openID. Maybe it can be fixed independently of the forum redesign...
    Last edited by AugustinMa; May 31st, 2011 at 08:26 AM.

Beans

I reported this 1 year ago, and I still don't know if the forum "Report technical problems with the website here (i.e. broken features), or ask questions pertaining to forum features." is the proper place to attract the attention of the people who have the power to actually fix things.

The open ID / launchpad login is still broken. The minor design issue is fixed, but still:
    1) there is no possibility to set a persistent cookie. Cookies set after a launchpad login expire at the end of the session.

2) After login in, we are not redirected to the page we were when we started the login process. We are redirect to the home page of this forum.

Any hope that this will ever be fixed??

2) After login in, we are not redirected to the page we were when we started the login process. We are redirect to the home page of this forum.

This has been reported to Canonical.

I am closing this thread as this issue is currently being discussed here.

Reopened.

Beans

Thanks. I have edited my first post to highlight the issue that's still awaiting a resolution.

Beans

The open ID / launchpad login is still broken. The minor design issue is fixed, but still:
    1) there is no possibility to set a persistent cookie. Cookies set after a launchpad login expire at the end of the session.

The two points above are still not fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast