Thread: Dual Monitor help

Beans

Dual Monitor help

I have two display adapters (1)On board Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nForce430, (2) ePCI card GeForce 210 and was wanting to see one workspace on one screen and the second workspace on the second. I have a RCA 32" LCD flatscreen TV(720line) with an PC inlet and a 17" LCD Dell monitor on the second. I finally got both screens to work (xorg.conf). I can get the mouse curser to go off the right of one screen on to the left of the second screen. But this is not what I want. I want one display for workspace 1 and the second for workspace 2. What do i need to do?

scouser73 is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Wink Re: Dual Monitor help

You'll need to do this as root, so follow these instructions.

1 - Paste this command into terminal: gksudo nvidia-settings

2 - Click on X Server Display Configuration

3 - Click on the monitor that you wish to make the main monitor

4 - Check the box stating Make This The Primary Display For The X Screen

5 - Click Apply

6 - Click Save To X Configuration File & press Quit

Beans

Re: Dual Monitor help

I was mistaken, I can get a different workspace on the second monitor. The second monitor display does not have any icons in the desktop but GNOME icons are their and the background screen. The only way I know of to get to the 2 nt display is moving the cuser out of the 1st display to the 2nd. Is there a way to xfer to the 2nd screen with a keyboard command? Where can I find doc on dual screen commands?

Beans

Re: Dual Monitor help

Thanks for the reply. In terminal mode I entered "sudo gksudo vnidia-settings" an got a lot of errors messages. I entered "gksudo vnidia-settings" an got nvidia X server settings. I selected X server Display Configuration. I see two displays but there is no place to check which will set the primary display screen. This settings window is the same one as I get when going to Perferences>Monitors in Ubuntu 10.04LTS.