Thread: error after updating from 8.10 to 9.10

Beans

error after updating from 8.10 to 9.10

My pc is on dual boot 8.10 and 9.04. While I was on 8.10, I decided to update gstreamer by using a 9.10 CD installer. I guess I inadvertently upgraded everything and after reboot, I am stuck at an FSCK error exit 1. I manually fsck'd but found no errors, but still I am stuck at the boot process not proceeding to boot 8.10. What could be the problem? I need your help guys. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by junsy; March 16th, 2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: notification alert not selected

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Re: error after updating from 8.10 to 9.10

Hi, welcome to the fora.

You will have a long and rough ride upgrading these unsupported versions. Better to back up your files and install a fresh 10.04 or 10.10.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

that's kinda sad , I was hoping to preserve my present setup as it would mess up a lot of things. Isn't there a way to revert back to 8.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Only a clean install - but again, this will give you an unsupported system, so I would not go that way.

If you dislike reinstalling, then staying with the long term support releases is an option. This means that you will only have to reinstall every other year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rsion_timeline
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.