Thread: Fail booting from USB

Beans

Fail booting from USB

Hi there

I have been using ubuntu 10.4 in my assus eee 1000ah for almost a year! everything was great until last week that I faced some problems with the wify. So I downloaded the new ubuntu notebook 10.10 and after create the usb bootable (from the same ubuntu) I started to instal the new version. Everything was going right, I click in the option to install new OS deleting previous (i have all my info in a external drive) but in the step where you choose your pasword and so on the installation fail....it was stuck there for more than 40 mins, so I decide to kill it and start again the instalation!

The problem:

Now trying to install fro second, third, forth....time the installation menu stucks in the first step where you select your keypad language...

note (I deleted my frist usb bootable version created from the ubuntu and I created a new one from windows computer)

1st: I have not OS in the computer...now the older version is not booting.
    2nd: I cant boot the new version..it always get stuck...in the first step where you select your language keypad
    3rd: I create the usb again many in case this was the problem...but nothing changes.

need your help!!

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Fail booting from USB

The USERNAME you choose must be all LOWER CASE letters. No Capital letters: for instance:
    Andres = NOT GOOD
    andres = GOOD

Is that the problem?
    boot_info_script by meierfra & Gert Hulselmans
    unetbootin to burn liveCD/USB
    Repair Windows7 Boot
    Partitioning

Beans

Thanks for the reply!

This is not the error, I had listen about this incompatibility before and the point is that now the instalation process even doesnt arrive to the step where to introduce the pasword and stops in the first step when you select the keypad language!

Any other help! regards

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Have you checked that the iso is not corrupt. Either Md5sum, or download a new iso!?
    Perseverance will succeed (usually)
    ubuntu user -32597 - linux user - 526569
    Wireless Info Script
    Blog

Beans

Yep this was done as well couple of times!
    I think that it is a fail in de hard drive, it is possible to format it when there is not OS, cos the previous one 10.04 is not working at all and the new one I cant install it...
    any other choice?

stay cool

thanks