Thread: PC doesn't boot at all!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

PC doesn't boot at all!

I know this isn't an ubuntu/linux question but I need help with my computer! I was looking at the BIOS to see if I had the WOL feature installed and while i was there I noticed the mobo USB support was at 1.1 and not 1.1+2.0. My mobo usb ports haven't been working for a couple of years (in XP or ubuntu) so I thought that may be the problem. That was the only thing I changed (I had a look at the LAN calbe settings but it already said "LAN BOOT ROM" so I left it at that)
    when I saved and restarted now it doesn't even get to the memory test part. It tells me the name of my processor and BIOS name but doesn't load up the RAM test bit. It also says F11 for boot menu and del for setup but neither button does anything.
    That mobo is an ECS one. I've tried reseting the RAM incase it was loose but nothing else. Any suggestions?

Beans

Re: PC doesn't boot at all!

Do you have the motherboard manual ?

You should be able to reset the BIOS settings by finding and using the correct jumper on your motherboard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: PC doesn't boot at all!

You abosolute lifesaver! I'd forgotten about the jumpers! I thought I was going to have to shell out for a new mobo this time!!!
    Last edited by pieman711; March 12th, 2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Sorry about the excessive eclamation marks :)