Thread: Chromium: no Grooveshark (works on FF)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Question Chromium: no Grooveshark (works on FF)

I've been running Chromium 6.0.472.63 (59945) with Lubuntu 10.10 and for some reason it won't work on GrooveShark at all, can't even log in.

Grooveshark works fine on FF 4.0 beta (Minefield) but it's a bother to have to load another browser, and FF 4 for the time being doesn't seem to run AdBlock or any other extensions, so I don't want to use it as a default browser, yet anyway. (I've been frustrated with FF 3.6 dodginess in Windows and have no interest in it on Linux.)

Any explanation? I noticed one "solved" thread about problems with FF, but that's not my problem - it's something about Chromium.
    New to Linux. Currently dual boot Lubuntu 10.10 with W7 on Acer One netbook. Experimenting with Mint 15 XFCE on netbook and a Dell laptop with peripherals (Persistent 8GB Live USB.)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Chromium: no Grooveshark (works on FF)

I had a similar issue with Grooveshark and Chromium.

Solution: upgraded to the latest version and it was okay again.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Same here. In my distros where I have Chromium 6.x, Grooveshark doesn't work. With later Chromium versions, it's working fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Thanks for the "cure" - I tried the Synaptics Package Manager and it doesn't show a newer version and the Update Manager pulled in a couple of files for FireFox but nothing for Chromium. I'm new to Linux so don't know how to find, download or install a newer version of Chromium. Any help appreciated.

(I was able to use the Terminal to get FF4 "Minefield" beta, so can use it in a pinch.) Thanks.
    New to Linux. Currently dual boot Lubuntu 10.10 with W7 on Acer One netbook. Experimenting with Mint 15 XFCE on netbook and a Dell laptop with peripherals (Persistent 8GB Live USB.)