Thread: Bluetooth Headset as headphones?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Bluetooth Headset as headphones?

Hi there! I have a Sony Ericsson HBH-PV700 bluetooth headset that came packaged with a Sony Ericsson K510i phone.
    I was hoping to be able to use it under Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat as a headset and POSSIBLY as a microphone...I don't think it supports a2dp, so maybe this is a waste of effort.
    The Bluetooth adapter I'm using is Bluetooth 2.0 compilant, as far as I know. (It may be 1.2, but there's no way it's 1.1 compilant).

I have paired it with my PC and tried finding it as output and input in the Sound Preferences...no option. There's nothing in [System > Preferences > Multimedia Systems Selector] either! I have also tried the instructions at the Ubuntu Community Help Pages for Bluetooth Headset. However, my system fails to initialise the module-alsa-sink and module-alsa-source via the pactl command (step 11 on the Help Pages).

I don't even know if it is possible with this device, but I'm willing to give anything a try!

P.S. I'm not comfortable with installing a ton of packages just for one thing, but if there's no other option it's fine, I guess.

Beans
    Distro

Exclamation Re: Bluetooth Headset as headphones?

Hello? Can no-one help me here or something? But seriously, I'd like to get this working...

Beans
    Distro

Exclamation Re: Bluetooth Headset as headphones?

Bump