Thread: Starling won't connect to WiFi

Beans

Question Starling won't connect to WiFi

Model star3. I decided to try installing Ubunutu 10.10 on this netbook. Everything works fine except for the wireless. The wireless card is recognized and it finds plenty of networks. However, when I try to connect it always fails. It just keeps popping up and asking me to reenter the wifi password. I've tried this both at home and at work (both WPA2). The only option that comes up on the wireless security drop down in the connection dialog is 'WPA and WPA2 Personal'. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Starling won't connect to WiFi

Try deleting all the "Auto-" network settings from the edit connections. Then try to reconnect. I had no wireless for nearly two weeks and on a whim just deleted my 'Home' router from the auto setting and then reconnected to it. Also, just double check that the card is on-Fn-F11-it has been reported that the networks are visible even when the card is off.

If none of this works, try connecting to Wifi after booting from a live disc and let us know how that goes. If you can't connect from a live disc boot, it could be a hardware issue. However, I tried booting from a live disc when I had the wireless issue and still couldn't connect. Everything was solved after I cleared the saved connections. Haven't had ANY connection issues since.

If you could also connect to a physical ethernet source and download any potential updates that might be beneficial.