Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to save flash videos?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

How to save flash videos?

I used to save flash videos by going to /tmp so that i can watch them later, without having to stream (and i'm not talking about youtube or anywhere else where it's against the ToU to save videos).

As many of you already know, videos are no longer saved in /tmp with flashplayer 10.2 (or they're delted immediately). I'm using Google Chrome and I've tried looking in the Cache and I've tried all kinds of things and i can't figure out how to save videos.

I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me. I wouldnt mind downgrading my version of flash (actually i'd love to do that if i knew how) but chrome seems to have flash built-in or something (?) so i have no idea how to do that.

I found a script that allows me to open whatever flash video i have open in browser with vlc, but vlc won't allow me to save as or anything. The site said that i can change the parts of the script to say mplayer to open with mplayer but i tried that and the script just stopped working. This is the script:
    Code:
     #!/bin/bash

FLASH_TMP=`ls /tmp | grep Flash*`

if [[ $FLASH_TMP ]]; then 
         vlc /tmp/Flash*
    else
         if [[ `ps x | awk '/libgcflashplayer.so\ /{print $1}'` ]]; then
              flashvids() { lsof -p `ps x | awk '/libgcflashplayer.so\ /{print $1}'` -n 2>/dev/null | perl -lne '@F = split(/ +/, $_, 9); print "/proc/$F[1]/fd/${\($F[3] =~ /(^\d+)/)[0]}" if $F[4] eq "REG" && $F[8] =~ /\(deleted\)$/'; }
         else
              flashvids() { lsof -p `ps x | awk '/libflashplayer.so\ /{print $1}'` -n 2>/dev/null | perl -lne '@F = split(/ +/, $_, 9); print "/proc/$F[1]/fd/${\($F[3] =~ /(^\d+)/)[0]}" if $F[4] eq "REG" && $F[8] =~ /\(deleted\)$/'; }
         fi

vlc $(flashvids)
    fi
    I figure i can save as if i open with movie player, so that would also be a great fix.

If anyone can tell me any way to save flash videos, it would be GREATLY (and i can't put enough emphasis on "greatly") appreciated!
    ~

Beans
    Distro

Re: How to save flash videos?

Get Download Helper for Firefox. It saves in .flv, which is played by the default movie player.
    Imitation is suicide...To be great is to be misunderstood.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Beans
    Hidden!

Try Clipgrab.

Beans
    Distro

Ah, thank you very much!
    Any suggestions for chrome?
    ~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

/home/username/.cache/google-chrome/Default/Cache

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Netvideohunter is the best tool in my experiance search in google with key word

Netvideohunter

Beans

use savevid.com keepvid.com sites to download flash videos off youtube or such sites.
    My linux registered number-438221
    Use Zenwalk, its SMALL and SEXY and VERY SLIM distro. Its very fast. I love it.
    Zenwalk.org

Beans
    Distro

/home/username/.cache/google-chrome/Default/Cache
    I've tried this but there is WAY too much clutter for me to have any chance of finding what I'm looking for.

Netvideohunter is the best tool in my experiance search in google with key word

Netvideohunter
    Thanks but i already installed download helper for firefox and it works fine. I have no problem using firefox everytime i need to download something, but it would be more convenient if i can also do so with chrome.
    ~

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by higashi View Post
    I've tried this but there is WAY too much clutter for me to have any chance of finding what I'm looking for.

Thanks but i already installed download helper for firefox and it works fine. I have no problem using firefox everytime i need to download something, but it would be more convenient if i can also do so with chrome.
    You really should give ClipGrab a chance.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/09/d...untu-clipgrab/

Beans
    Distro

Will do, thanks.
    ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast