Thread: Creating 3D rooms?

Beans

Creating 3D rooms?

I have no clue what forum section this would go under. I'm looking for a renderer that will allow me to create a 3D room. I don't want a CAD program. I want a program that will allow me at some point to render the project, then using my mouse or arrow keys, "walk" through the room seeing such details as patterned walls, carpeting and any ambient sounds that it will allow me to put in.

Beans
    Hidden!

Lightbulb Re: Creating 3D rooms?

Description: Very fast and versatile 3D modeller/renderer
    Blender is an integrated 3d suite for modelling, animation, rendering,
    post-production, interactive creation and playback (games). Blender has its
    own particular user interface, which is implemented entirely in OpenGL and
    designed with speed in mind. Python bindings are available for scripting;
    import/export features for popular file formats like 3D Studio and Wavefront
    Obj are implemented as scripts by the community. Stills, animations, models
    for games or other third party engines and interactive content in the form of
    a standalone binary and/or a web plug-in are common products of Blender use.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install -y blender
    http://www.blender.org/
    My friends can handle their Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Creating 3D rooms?

+1 @ blender. I've used it for small renderings (logos and such) but it's a full featured engine with an easy to use gui.
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans

really? I was told blender was good for model rendering, but 3d walkthrough architecture?

Beans
    Hidden!

Lightbulb Re: Creating 3D rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by savaan View Post
    really? I was told blender was good for model rendering, but 3d walkthrough architecture?
    This sure looks 3D with architecture to me.
    http://www.blender.org/features-gall...ame_engine_one
    And don't believe everything you hear!
    My friends can handle their Linux.

Beans

wow...looks like that's my program then I was merely going for a single room, single light, some designs. That's an amazing clip. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

You might want to spend some time in Blender modeling first. Because, if you're planning on doing an interactive walkthrough with the Game Engine, you're going to be spending alot of time writing logic (in Python) for your objects. I use Blender daily to model commercial buildings and interiors, and it works great for this (not in the Game Engine). With Blender 2.5, the UI has been greatly improved and plugins have been developed for most 3rd party renderers as well. You might try use Luxrender if you're going for a photo realistic look.

If you're trying to do an animation sequence the Blender internal engine works very well too. I find that doing it this way, I have a reproducible result to show a client rather than sporadically moving around in my scene, like you would in the Game Engine.
    Last edited by rubylaser; March 7th, 2011 at 07:18 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

No ducks were harmed in the making of that video.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

This is martinsupitis's latest video (the person that made the bathroom demo), if you're interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsV9L...layer_embedded

Beans

i'm learning from scratch lol so i'll be using the guides heavily. my goal is to upload this to a website accessible via a link so that visitors can walk through the room and maybe interact with a few items

my flash player crashes on a lot of Youtube vids these days :/ I can't view that last link
    Last edited by savaan; March 9th, 2011 at 10:23 PM.