Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    51
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    I've searched but I can't seem to find something that is specific to what I'm looking for. I need to create an ISO from a VIDEO_TS folder on my hard drive. How would I go about that?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Beans
    4,959
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    I'm at a Windows machine at the moment so I can't check the exact options you need to pass it program growisofs can do what you want, I've used it before and it works great.

    Here's an online man page for it, you can get this help document by typing man growisofs after installing it.

    http://www.linuxcommand.org/man_pages/growisofs1.html
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

    "Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Panama
    Beans
    114
    Distro
    Lubuntu

    Re: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    You need to consider that probably with the growisofs command you will create an ISO image yes, but will only contain the VIDEO_TS directory, once you burn that ISO image to a disc it won't play on a regular dvd player, since the AUDIO_TS directory will be missing.
    What I would do is the next:

    1. Install k3b ---- sudo apt-get install k3b
    2. Open k3b and choose New Video DVD Project
    3. Place all the files contained inside the original VIDEO_TS directory within the VIDEO_TS directory in k3b.
    4. Burn the disc or create an ISO image, depending on your needs. I would strongly suggest that if you are going to burn the disc choose at maximum burning speed 4X, that way the resulting disc will not "jump" at the time that your are watching the video.

    I don't know if Brasero or Gnomebaker are capable to do this, that's why I'm suggesting k3b.

    Hope this helps,

    MepisReign
    Last edited by MepisReign; March 6th, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
    "Beware the Almighty Command Line"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    Hi
    I agree with MepisReign above. K3b is the way to go.

    If you want to do the job from command line you need your VIDEO_TS directory and an empty AUDIO_TS directory inside a folder (named "DVD" or similar).
    Then use command
    Code:
    genisoimage -dvd-video -v -o DVD.iso DVD
    This will create an iso named DVD.iso from the DVD folder.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    51
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    Quote Originally Posted by MepisReign View Post
    You need to consider that probably with the growisofs command you will create an ISO image yes, but will only contain the VIDEO_TS directory, once you burn that ISO image to a disc it won't play on a regular dvd player, since the AUDIO_TS directory will be missing.
    What I would do is the next:

    1. Install k3b ---- sudo apt-get install k3b
    2. Open k3b and choose New Video DVD Project
    3. Place all the files contained inside the original VIDEO_TS directory within the VIDEO_TS directory in k3b.
    4. Burn the disc or create an ISO image, depending on your needs. I would strongly suggest that if you are going to burn the disc choose at maximum burning speed 4X, that way the resulting disc will not "jump" at the time that your are watching the video.

    I don't know if Brasero or Gnomebaker are capable to do this, that's why I'm suggesting k3b.

    Hope this helps,

    MepisReign
    I've already done that. I'm wanting to make an ISO image to burn so I can burn the dvd without having to reauthor it since k3b will NOT burn it I always use k3b.

    Brasero comes up with some stupid error message saying its missing a gstreamer plugin that is already installed so it has not been helpful either.

    Are there any other burning programs I can try that burn dvd's?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    51
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    Quote Originally Posted by ron999 View Post
    Hi
    I agree with MepisReign above. K3b is the way to go.

    If you want to do the job from command line you need your VIDEO_TS directory and an empty AUDIO_TS directory inside a folder (named "DVD" or similar).
    Then use command
    Code:
    genisoimage -dvd-video -v -o DVD.iso DVD
    This will create an iso named DVD.iso from the DVD folder.
    Thanks, I'm assuming the last DVD in the code would be the DVD directory where the output iso would end up?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    1,879
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    I've used xfburn many times for this task, and it has yet to fail on me:
    Select new data composition
    Add the video_ts and audio_ts
    Burn

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    Quote Originally Posted by metalguy639 View Post
    Thanks, I'm assuming the last DVD in the code would be the DVD directory where the output iso would end up?
    Nope
    It's the name of the folder that holds your VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    51
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    Quote Originally Posted by cchhrriiss121212 View Post
    I've used xfburn many times for this task, and it has yet to fail on me:
    Select new data composition
    Add the video_ts and audio_ts
    Burn
    Ok I'll give that a try. I have it already installed on the machine. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    51
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Creating an ISO from a VIDEO_TS directory

    Thanks for the help, looks like the IFO file is bad so I guess I'm stuck with reauthoring it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •