Thread: using Opera and videos stopped playing on YT

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

using Opera and videos stopped playing on YT

well you never know with wonderful old Ubuntu

everything going swimmingly then out of nowhere Opera stops playing videos on YT

no idea why

what could stop that from happening/?
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    Playing with Slackware too now ...
    ShanArt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: using Opera and videos stopped playing on YT

right click the video, find flash settings, try enable/disable hardware acceleration. Might have to restart browser for settings to take affect.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by SirWeazel View Post
    right click the video, find flash settings, try enable/disable hardware acceleration. Might have to restart browser for settings to take affect.

Thanx for this but is this advice for Opera? Nothing of the sort there that i can see

No mention of flash settings anywhere i have looked

Puzzling. Worked fine until yesterday. I have chrome and firefox too. both ok

But i want my Opera back as i prefer it

Any further advice?

ok went to .opera folder in home folder and removed cache and application_cache and restarted and it worked first time

will mark as solved but none the wiser

Anyway will see if has cured it when i reboot next ...

I think it must have been updated behind the scenes and not properly reconnected it looks different now

Might be of use to other Opera users unless i am the only one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shantiq; December 23rd, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    ShanArt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Sorry my post was a little cryptic. I was sleep deprived, and was browsing the forums from my phone waiting for my eyes to close and thought i could help.

When you "right click" there should have been a "settings, global settings, and about flash player" options at the bottom of your right click menu. (You have to right click on the video it self) If you click on settings, this will bring up your flash player settings. In the settings menu there should be an option to enable hardware acceleration. I've had problems with this in the past, and having it enabled or disabled has solved the problem. I think it depends on your video card drivers.

I think you can get to these settings also in firefox, and it should affect flash universally (not browser dependent, but i could be wrong).

Anyways, i'm glad you got your problem fixed. A restart is always my first thing i try and usually fixes the ghosts living in my computer. I just figured i'd just clarify what i meant in case it could help in the future.

Beans
    Distro

thanx got you now

right-click on vid when already playing and pick settings will bring up flash options

but in any case vid would not even start but as you say might help someone else sometime

ShanArt