Thread: firefox restart problem

firefox restart problem

Hi,

i was installed Firefox from backports proyect: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041209 Firefox/1.0 (Ubuntu) (Ubuntu package 1.0-2ubuntu4-warty99)

my problem is
    when i install extencions this sayme: this item will be installed after you reestart firefox

well i close firefox, i open firefox and the extentions are nos installed (the message is the same). I turn off my notebook, i turn on it and the message are the same...

Some help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: firefox restart problem

exactly what extensions are you trying to install?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

They are:

- Adblock 0.5.2.039
    - Language ES-ar (localizacion para firefox 0.9)

They was selected to download directly from update.mozilla.org

Note: i can't unistall too, the infinity message are : this item will be unistalled after you reestart firefox

Thanks a lot

Beans

I've had that problem too w/ firefox on windows. Its in bugzilla.

Try backing up your bookmarks and deleting the entire mozilla profile directory.
    If you take risks you may fail. If you don't take risks you will surely fail. The greatest risk is to do nothing.

Success is to fail 7x w/ a bloody nose and get up the 8th and win.

JR
    http://www.hornyferret.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

As soon as Firefox 1.0.1 hits Hoary/Sid, I'm backporting it, for the IDN spoofing fix. Hopefully, it'll fix this issue.
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

i was deleted ~/mozilla/.firefox and nothing, well i'm waiting for firefox 1.0.1
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm not gonna wait for 1.0.1.... I'm backporting 1.0+dfsgwhatever now. It has a temporary workaround for the IDN bug, but also fixes many other bugs.

Beans

seams that ubuntu firefox modifications is out-of-date. When i disable this addon, all works...

Ubuntu 9.04
    Firefox 3.0.10