Thread: Greeting Ubuntu forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Smile Greeting Ubuntu forums.

Been using ubuntu for... 5 months now. Love it.

I would love any websites, link, info about linux, leaning linux, and just simple tricks and stuff about ubuntu/linux.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Greeting Ubuntu forums.

Welcome to the forums!

There are lots of great resources out there. Its all in what you want to know.
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss
    "No man has ever seen his dreams fulfilled and regretted the sacrifice necessary to fulfill them" -- Mattie Montgomery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks.

I thought there would be something like this. Glad to get the link.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yes, welcome to the forums! I am happy Ubuntu has been working well for you, since it can be a headache for others. If you ever have any questions, you should post them in the absolute beginners talk section, which I (and I know many others) constantly monitor for new posts. I would move on to the other sections, but I have found that many interesting threads are created there. if you want to just learn about Ubuntu in general, stick to the forums. Over the past 2 months, I have learned so much from reading interesting threads, helping my fellow Ubuntuans out and posting threads of my own.
    I am mainly active on XDA-Devs as hanthesolo, but I may come here every so often to contribute. I develop for the Galaxy Player 4.0 with my self-founded team TeamSuperNova.

I am always trying to learn, as I acknowledge that I am not omniscient.

Beans

Greetings, also to Ubuntu Forums and new fellow members, not without mentioning, permitting my membership and allowing me into your fold!

Like many others before me...I too was a 'dyed in the wool' MS OS 'sheep afraid to bleet out a complaint and switch gears and drive into uncharted territory to see what else was out there. I'd heard about Unix, Linux and Mac but was cozy comfortable and quite complacent using MS 98,Me,XP and finally even Win 7 ...that is until WGA and service pack madness came along ! Anyway...like many others I was also reluctant to take the LOF because, frankly I was unsure about what apps were available....but look at me now running Ubuntu 10.10 and surfing the web right Out Of the Box (oops ....I meant to say carton..hey..hey...my bad). and I just downloaded a Linux compatible Recording Studio complete with guitar effects plus drum machine...so Linux has my endorsement.

I will admit that the GRUB2 terminal and commands as well as the the pseudo-semi-automatic Linux OS itself as well as the user interface, will take some getting used to but that's part of it's charm...and (I think...) the secret behind what helps keep it virus free.

Anyways, as Forest Gump would say: 'that's all I got to say about that" ...for now,

Happy Computing on Ubuntu everybody!