Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A good article by Charlie Brooker on Apple

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: A good article by Charlie Brooker on Apple

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    An "I.Journalist" or that film that floats on the surface of rural ponds publicly announces he has no clue how to use a Mac or iPhone properly and people sing his praises.... amazing.

If the same was written about a feature in Ubuntu within 2 hours the thread would be 8 pages long of posts calling for the Trolls head on a stake.

Ooooops hang on just realized I am logged into UF
    The way I see it there is a big wide chasm of difference here between an Apple rant and the equivalent with Ubuntu. For one you pay a lot a money for the privilege of using an Apple product, with Ubuntu and Linux its not as pricey. Secondly with i-pod/pad/phone you are forced to use i-tunes, now with Ubuntu you can look for another piece of software that works better, file a bug report to get the feature fixed or fix the problem yourself.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    If the same was written about a feature in Ubuntu within 2 hours the thread would be 8 pages long of posts calling for the Trolls head on a stake.
    Hey, now wait. That's exactly what I was trying to do...

However, I was more concerned with his terrible writing than I was with whether he was actually right or wrong.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl-Alt-F1 View Post
    However, I was more concerned with his terrible writing than I was with whether he was actually right or wrong.
    Without sounding like Mr Brookers lover I strongly disagree with this, I think is writing is excellent. I have been a professional writer for both print media and copy writing for marketing and what he writes is incredibly well done. But don't take my work for it, he was crowned Columnist of the year 2009 at The British Press Awards for that very column he writes for The Guardian.

Beans

I guess there are alot of people that aren't famliar with Mr Brookers oeuvre.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Perseverance will succeed (usually)
    ubuntu user -32597 - linux user - 526569
    Wireless Info Script
    Blog

Beans
    Distro

He is a caustic fellow and sometimes I don't agree with his opinion, however its always an interesting read and I like the way he does rant but in such a way that the point doesn't get lost. Anyone can rant but to make it entertaining and different that is the really clever way that Charlie Brooker writes.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Hippytaff View Post
    Okay that one was pretty good. I'm assuming Brooker is typically associated with satire then. Perhaps I was taking the article too seriously.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Okay that one was pretty good. I'm assuming Brooker is typically associated with satire then. Perhaps I was taking the article too seriously.
    Perseverance will succeed (usually)
    ubuntu user -32597 - linux user - 526569
    Wireless Info Script
    Blog

Beans
    Distro

I think he meant what he said in the article but with a bit of added extra bile to make it more interesting!

You should check out Newswipe and Screenwipe, again some of his opinions I don't agree with but the way he puts his point across and his observations on media are priceless.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Evil-Ernie View Post
    Without sounding like Mr Brookers lover I strongly disagree with this, I think is writing is excellent. I have been a professional writer for both print media and copy writing for marketing and what he writes is incredibly well done. But don't take my work for it, he was crowned Columnist of the year 2009 at The British Press Awards for that very column he writes for The Guardian.
    Just some of the "professional journalism" he uses...

"it piddle gold"

" iTunes' tight, leathery anus."

"wipe the drool from your chin."

Couldn't be bothered looking for more shining examples of prime Tabloid E.Press.

Industry awards are just group hug and self gratification sessions.
    This account is not active.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast