Thread: SOUND problems

Beans

SOUND problems

hey i'm an absolute beginner to ubuntu i use the ubuntu 10.04 ver . !! i'm having trouble with the sound ! There is absolutely no sound whatsoever ! i tried to change to OSS following another thread but then that stopped working after a couple of days .. and then another thread asked me to revert back to ALSA and my sound is still non existent. ! and now i'm just stuck in between these ! so any help or suggestions regarding how i can solve this problem is very helpful .. !! hoping the sound is up and running fast .. !

Beans

Re: SOUND problems

Ok I totally understand where you are coming from when you have an issue like this, I have had similar problems with a laptop of mine, where the sound works when it wants too!

So I think importantly it would be good to post the type of machine your running this on and what sound card it has.

Also prior to becoming an Ubuntu user did you run a windows operating system on the machine and did it function fine there?

Beans

Re: SOUND problems

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy_malone 666 View Post
    Ok I totally understand where you are coming from when you have an issue like this, I have had similar problems with a laptop of mine, where the sound works when it wants too!

So I think importantly it would be good to post the type of machine your running this on and what sound card it has.

Also prior to becoming an Ubuntu user did you run a windows operating system on the machine and did it function fine there?
    oh i run a windows xp and ubuntu simultaneously i use a bootloader to switch between them .. ! i run this on a basic intel 32 bit desktop machine .. ! with 1 gig ram and the usual !! and i think its got a realtek soundcard ( thats what it says ! ) !

the sound works perfectly well from windows . and all the components are connected fine and working i checked it from windows .. !! its just when i load ubuntu the sound stops .. !!!