Thread: Sata Native questions.

Beans

Sata Native questions.

Okay, I have a sony laptop (vgn-nr385e) I wiped vista off of it a little while back for obvious reasons, it was way slower than it should be for a dual core with 4 gigs of ram. so now my problem is I CAN install ubuntu 10.10 to the hard drive but it WON'T boot. I just get a blinking cursor, I have tried everything and I cannot get it to boot from my hard drive.

My bios is VERY LIMITED, it is a phoenix bios and there are no sata settings to be found. (FML)

now I am not very good with linux or ubuntu but from what I have gathered I have to

Flash the bios. I really dont want to, it sounds hella hard.

figure out a way to boot from pen drive (it works great) and just get everything to save to the disk. I can see the disk and sometimes create folders on it but it gives me issues.

So, for right now I guess I can only use my computer if I boot ubuntu from my pen drive. I then save all my updates and some other things on an sd card in the front.

any help would be greatly appreciated I just want to get my laptop back up and running the RIGHT way, so I can just press the power button and go into ubuntu.

Is there a way to change my sata native or ahci settings from linux? or is the bios the only way?
    Last edited by Bluebear90; February 27th, 2011 at 11:49 PM.