Thread: Introduce Yourself

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Introduce Yourself

Hi. My name is Sheri, or online you'll find me as rihanha (its a Trek thing). I live in Boise, and my interests including coding, and user experience. I got into Linux to use Vi/g++ for coding and tinkered with SuSE years ago but didn't use it regularly. I found Ubuntu and found it much easier to get into and have been enjoying it ever since. I primarily use Ubuntu for its dev environment as a hobbyist.

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Introduce Yourself

Great to see this forum up and running. Please drop me a line if there is anything I can do to assist you guys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Howdy my name is Curtis. I hail from Boise as well, I started using Linux with RedHat 5 in the Marine Corps. I changed distributions for a bit and landed on SuSE. In 2005 I switched to Ubuntu after implementing a server for the company I was working for. I am a hardware geek at heart, so my mind runs a flurry with the thought of having Ubuntu everywhere. My most current excited architecture for Ubuntu is ARM and I can't wait for some good tablets. Outside of the tech realm I love spending time with my wife and two boys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm Paul Wilch from Meridian, Idaho. I started Ubuntu on 6.06 but tried other distros before that. Ubuntu was the one that finally worked for me. I've been using since 2006 but it's only since 10.04 that I've been in Ubuntu full time and it's great!

Beans

Good to see things up and running again. I started with Caldera Linux around 2000 and then progressed to Debian. I then progressed to Ubuntu 6.04 I have also used Red Hat and Cent OS quite a lot.

I am rusty at them but I have programmed in C, C++, Fortran 77 and several scripting languages. I am currently fluent in Python 2.X

My entire household is on Ubuntu 10.10 and windows isn't hardly used. (So far the only windows I use is to do my taxes. so once a year windows use.)

I hope to see this group grow and really get rolling.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello,

My name is Matthew and I am a software developer in Boise, Idaho. I am fairly new to Ubuntu, but have been working with Linux for a long time. (Mostly Red Hat)

My network at home has several Ubuntu servers (on a virtual server cluster) and three Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 systems (two laptops and one desktop).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hello, my name is Nicholas. I first got into ubuntu at the beginning of this year, 2011. My dad was told about the LoCo meeting by his friend at work. That started my interest. Anyways, I've only used 10.10 and 11.04. And also the most noobish. So, please don't get angry if I ask stupid questions.

Beans

Hello all, Just moved to Ubuntu 10.04 this past month. I cut my teeth on UNIX a long time ago and have been frustrated with Windows. I bought an Ubuntu server book about a year ago with the hopes of learning about the LAMP environment. I am just getting around to that - having built a new desktop on which to run virtual machines. I hope that this group grows and gets more active as I am looking forward to learning and growing with Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hi, My name is Justin I hail from Boise as well and well I have built every PC that I have ever owned. Hardware comes naturally to me it is the software part that I have trouble with. I have a love-hate relationship with Windows I love it on one hand because I like to MMORPG (Massive Multi-player On-line Role Playing Game) but I do not like to pay for subscriptions. My biggest wish is to have a MMORPG that is for Linux/Ubuntu that has awesome graphics and a good community. I have been using Ubuntu since 5.04 and since then I had put Ubuntu on my Laptop and used it entirely for school because Windows Vista and 7 overheated it when ever I would go to play an MMORPG so I just wiped the entire hard drive and put ubuntu on it and have not had a problem since. Recently I built an AMD Quad-Core system that I use to do most things that Windows does with out getting hit in the pocketbook. All in all I think that I am going to stick with Ubuntu this time and build me another PC exclusively for Windows.
    If Ubuntu had 31 flavors then we could call it Baskin' Ubuntu.